Newsjack 2016 Page 20

One sketch on calls for rugby to be made non-contact in schools.

Quote: Bonzo @ 7th March 2016, 1:42 PM GMT

Ooh, we almost did Boris claiming EU like jail!

It was a big story so I did think it was likely other people would go for it as well... just hoping my spin on it works!

Sent in my usual lonesome sketch - this time on automated lorry convoys, set to song! If they use it I'll eat my notebook.

I went for Sniffer dogs in the University of Buckingham & Police fitness tests.

One liners and Viewsjacks submitted. Found it very hard this week.

One liners sent. Had a complete blank until 11:00pm last night then suddenly had inspiration. This means their funniness to me might have been heightened by my tiredness but I've sent them anyway.

One-liners sent off! Breaking News this week are Plaid's comments on Labour, inventor of email passing away, and Morrissey running for Mayor of London. Viewsjacks this week were Morrissey running for Mayor of London, Facebook becoming the world's largest virtual graveyard, and the app for reviewing people.

Just sent my one liners in too.

Did the Murdoch/Hall wedding, a couple on Salford council trying to ban swearing in public, one on international woman's day and (in what is becoming a weekly occurrence) a one line Donald Trump insult.

Best of luck everyone. :) There seems to be more variety in the stories people did this week so it'll be interesting to see what gets covered.

Quote: DuckingAround @ 8th March 2016, 12:07 PM GMT

One-liners sent off! Breaking News this week are Plaid's comments on Labour, inventor of email passing away, and Morrissey running for Mayor of London. Viewsjacks this week were Morrissey running for Mayor of London, Facebook becoming the world's largest virtual graveyard, and the app for reviewing people.

Edit: Hang on, Morrissey is running for Mayor of London?! I've missed that story...

Quote: DuckingAround @ 8th March 2016, 12:07 PM GMT

Oneliners in - we also did inventor of email passing away!

Good luck everyone :)

I did a sketch on the driverless lorries; an ad on sweets that make you a cocky sports star. Oneliners were Eagles taking down drones; pencil lead material found on Mars and Googles self driving car crashes. Viewsjacks were on emails showing on iPhone from 1970; sharapova drugs test.

Sketch on Atos having their contracts vetted; breaking news on driverless lorries, email man dying and Murdoch-Hall; viewsjacks on Morrisey, kids' screen time and exclamation marks. No high hopes though this week. Good luck all.

Anyone on here go to last night's recording?

I got the ALMOST email. Better than a kick in the face :) I found it particularly difficult this week so it was a welcome surprise. Well done if you made it. One week of panic to go!

This was the oneliner that almost made it:
Maria Sharapova has been dropped by sponsor Nike, following a positive drugs test at the Australian Open. Sharapova insists the sponsor knew about her drug use and claims they told her to Just Do It

Quote: Wifington @ 10th March 2016, 6:01 PM GMT

I got the ALMOST email. Better than a kick in the face :) I found it particularly difficult this week so it was a welcome surprise. Well done if you made it. One week of panic to go!

This was the oneliner that almost made it:
Maria Sharapova has been dropped by sponsor Nike, following a positive drugs test at the Australian Open. Sharapova insists the sponsor knew about her drug use and claims they told her to Just Do It

Well done Wifington - we also got the 'recorded but cut' email - but not sure what it was for yet.... will update when we find out.. :)

Got an email saying something I submitted made the episode. Not sure whether it was a sketch or a one liner. Do they tend to tell you if you ask them?

Part of me thinks it might actually be fun not to know ahead of time, and just to listen to programme as normal and have it as a surprise....

As a newbie, this is my first paid writing work ever so honestly I'm happy even if it's my ten word oneliner