Newsjack 2016 Page 25

I assume this will be open to everyone as usual eventually.
September 5th's not far away though...

Yeah - they've started tweeting about the new series now https://twitter.com/NewsjackBBC

The game is afoot!
Good luck everyone...
I'm hoping to beat my impressive record of having one one liner used in Series 13...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kvs8r

Deadlines:

Sketches: Noon Monday 5 September.

One-Liners: Noon Tuesday 6 September.

Then at the same times each week, for 5 weeks.

Submissions after these times will NOT be read

Awesome! Thanks for the info, they've updated the NewsJack page now on the BBC website.

Good Luck everyone! Let's DO this!

J x

Submitted a 30 second advert sketch for this episode. The website and writer's brief (the one sent out via email on Tuesday) says they're accepting them for this series but their Twitter account says they're not? Sent it off regardless.

I've sent an advert too, and a sketch! I'm gonna send my oneliners now too! Good luck everyone!

J x

Sent my sketches in! Actually finished and emailed them last night. I'm not normally one for hyperbole* but I think it's the most prepared I've been for anything ever. Fingers crossed one of them makes it!

Good luck, all!

(*just kidding; I love using hyperbole more than life itself)

First one liners of the series in!

oneliners IN. came across sketch deadline a few hours in advance but was too busy already*
(*couldn't be arsed)

Any idea if they can read rtx files? Just realised Word saved my files as rtxs rather than as rtfs (don't ask why).

I just send mine in normal .doc format?

J x

I'm aiming to rediscover my love of Newsjack this series so have thrown my hat in the ring. Let's see how that goes!

Re. format I think they've said in the past they'll read in other formats but with my script-editor hat on I'd say if you make it as easy as possible they'll be in a better mood when they read your work. You can save as .rtf in Word under Save As and should be able to set .rtf to open in Word by default (right-click on an rtf file and it should give you an option). Once you do that it's just as easy to do that as .doc

I might not be able to provide funny but I can provide boring IT advice.

We sent 2 sketches but no advert, and the 6 oneliners. Good luck everyone!

Good luck everyone! So do most people send them in as .rtf files?

J x

Cheers! I did save my files as rtfs, but when I downloaded them onto my phone earlier they were turned into rtxs. Now they're being downloaded as rtfs. No idea why.

Regardless, my excuse if I get nothing on this week is that they couldn't open the files. The alternative would be my writing wasn't good enough (absurd, I know).