Newsjack 2016 Page 24

No sketches this series, but 3 oneliners on the 4 episodes I submitted to, so I'm quite happy with that.

Congrats to everyone who got anything on! See you in the autumn...

The next deadline for your one-liners is fast approaching, folks: Tuesday, September 13.

...ish.

Or you could submit to Writers Room or one of the hundreds of opportunities?

The humour bypass operation clearly went well.

Do give up the day job.

I resist the urge to knock Knee.

Back on topic
I did think that the one liners were better this series than they had been in recent times

A shame it didn't end a week later what with IDS resigning and everything.
Series back in autumn if history is any guide. Just in time for the US elections...

Must be returning soon. Not sure whether to use ideas stored up during the eventful ensuing months or just come at it fresh.

Indeed! Nothing on BBC Writers Room, but their Twitter (@NewsjackBBC) says they're returning in early September.

Oh good.

According to the BBC tickets site the first record is on the 7th... which would make the first deadlines next Monday & Tuesday?

You got to ask yourself, "Do I feel lucky, punk?" If not, try elsewhere and don't worry about it.

Yup, deadlines match up with an e-mail I just got. Good luck everyone!

What did it say in your email? I've looked everywhere online, and I can't find any new submission information on this new series?

J x

The email (that was sent to people who had stuff broadcast or recorded-but-cut last series) said:

"The first deadline for the upcoming series is this Monday 5th September at noon for sketches, Tuesday 6th at noon for oneliners - and the same for the following five weeks.

Please take a look at the show guidelines below and read the attached tips for help on what we're looking for. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1hDdvFLfWClPHW7zT3sq01S/submit-a-sketch "

The submit a sketch page that link points to hasn't been updated since last series, which I guess means no major changes.

Producers for this series are Matt Stronge and Adnan Ahmed.