Newsjack 2016 Page 19

Quote: Bluemeany @ 4th March 2016, 8:12 PM GMT

I really liked that sketch; it was a neat idea. Particularly the whole 'fammmme' bit.

It's also interesting to see what wasn't in: zero sketches on Oscars or US election/super Tuesday - although both were covered extensively in Nish's monologue.

Thanks. I was particularly excited to learn it was a sketch they used so glad you liked it.

Quote: Bluemeany @ 4th March 2016, 5:42 PM GMT

Just in case it's useful to anyone else, this is a list of the sketches on last night's episode with the day the initial story broke online alongside them. :) Apologies if there are any errors, but I'm just working off Google News feed.

1.) David Cameron on tour: Saturday
2.) Boris Johnson likening himself to Bond: Saturday
3.) Your mother's parliament ( from 'tuck your shirt' in jibe): Over seven days before broadcast
4.) Doctors feeling rejected ( 1st March, Tuesday - after deadline so probably written by commissioned writer)
5.) Clean for the Queen: you do the hard work so G4S don't have to - Saturday for initial story but lots of follow up articles in Sunday papers
6.) Hip young millennial advert for a gap year: Saturday
7.) Facebook legal system - can't find original story.
8.) The Jump/ Z list Zombies: Saturday

Thanks this is interesting to know

Quote: martinw @ 4th March 2016, 6:30 PM GMT

It was a one-liner of mine that made it in last night:

"UK net migration reaches 323,000. Nation agrees that's too many nets."

Good one :D

Quote: Mrkgrngr @ 4th March 2016, 7:45 PM GMT

The Jump sketch was actually written for episode 2 so it's older than you thought, but I rejected it in favour of sketches based around newer stories. It was only because I had come up with next to nothing last weekend that I re-animated it. Also, thankfully celebrities were still falling and being replaced on Monday http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/29/heather-mills-leaves-the-jump-after-injury I count myself very lucky they took it on seeing as it had been stewing on my laptop for a fortnight.

Well done Mrkgrngr - excellent sketch! :)

Quote: Bonzo @ 4th March 2016, 9:26 PM GMT

Well done Mrkgrngr - excellent sketch! :)

Thanks Bonzo

Agreed, the zombie sketch was great! The 'Yo Mama' sketch made laugh too, amongst plenty of other things. Laughing out loud

Well done Mrkgrngr on a real neat tie up between z list celebrities, zombies and the jump! Great ingredients and a well executed sketch. :D

Good work all who got stuff in. Another fail for me and I'm heading towards a blank series for the first time in 5 unless I raise my game.
Not sure about bothering about Viewsjacks seeing as they only used 5 this week, and it is me or are Nish's openings getting longer? Over 5 minutes this week.

Anyway, mustn't grumble (!) and back to a half-written sketch it is...

Quick question. What's the done thing when it comes to sending bank details for the payment. Is everyone doing it by email nowadays? I'm confused. :S

Just sent two sketches off with my usual 'right up to the deadline/oh my God I'm never going to get it done in time' flair.

One sketch on Brexit debate this week, the other on MP's debating replacing 'God Save the Queen' before England matches.

How's did everyone else get on this weekend? Alright I hope :)

Quote: Mrkgrngr @ 7th March 2016, 11:53 AM GMT

Quick question. What's the done thing when it comes to sending bank details for the payment. Is everyone doing it by email nowadays? I'm confused. :S

I've always done it by email. :)

Quote: Bluemeany @ 7th March 2016, 12:03 PM GMT

Just sent two sketches off with my usual 'right up to the deadline/oh my God I'm never going to get it done in time' flair.

One sketch on Brexit debate this week, the other on MP's debating replacing 'God Save the Queen' before England matches.

We sent 2 sketches on the Arms Fair and Slow Broadband in a Gloucestershire Village, and an advert on working until you're 75.

Good luck everyone!

:)

Quote: Bonzo @ 7th March 2016, 12:59 PM GMT

I've always done it by email. :)

Thanks. I'm out of touch with this sort of thing.

Quote: Bluemeany @ 7th March 2016, 12:03 PM GMT

Nut allergies and driverless lorries this week. Abandoned an advert when I couldn't get it to work.

[quote
We sent 2 sketches on the Arms Fair and Slow Broadband in a Gloucestershire Village, and an advert on working until you're 75.

Good luck everyone!

:)
[/quote]

I wrote one about the slow broadband village too. I think it might be a popular one. Good luck all.

Sketches on Trump being unstoppable and on Boris claiming EU was like a jail. Advert for Interflora sending dead flowers.

Good luck all.

Is this the final week?
Have totally lost track.

Quote: jabashe @ 7th March 2016, 1:38 PM GMT

Sketches on Trump being unstoppable and on Boris claiming EU was like a jail. Advert for Interflora sending dead flowers.

Good luck all.

Ooh, we almost did Boris claiming EU like jail!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 7th March 2016, 1:38 PM GMT

Is this the final week?
Have totally lost track.

Nope - one more week after this...