Newsjack Series 13 Page 3

Hi everyone, just wondered is the limit (two sketches) a mix of one advert and a sketch or are you allowed two sketches and an advert?

Quote: woodsy @ 6th September 2015, 10:31 AM BST

Hi everyone, just wondered is the limit (two sketches) a mix of one advert and a sketch or are you allowed two sketches and an advert?

It's two sketches and an advert.

Ours are in! Good luck everyone! :D

It seems very quiet on here - is there another Newsjack Series 13 thread running that I don't know about??? :)

Sent a 30 second ad in yesterday for "Lord Sewel's nightclub...", going to send in some one liners today.

EDIT : Lord Sewel NOT Lord Janner!

Quote: Bonzo @ 8th September 2015, 8:56 AM BST

It seems very quiet on here -

Can't talk, too busy writing comedy gold oneliners!

I have a spare ticket for tomorrow's recording. DM me if interested.

and our oneliners are in.... :)

Got all mine in on time. And so begins the five week cycle again...

It is done. Let the inevitable descent into disappointment begin...

Will be interesting to see what makes the show what with most of the news being naturally dominated by one story at the moment plus it being the first show of a new series.

Obviously if I don't get the email I shall not be listening out of spite.

Good luck all.

From experience of listening to previous series, your breaking news/Viewsjack items need to be shorter. Two sentences maximum.

Like the old Two Ronnies news gags - setup, punchline. Snappier than an agitated crocodile.

What you've got there are almost mini-sketches.

What topics did you use this week? We did sketches on BBC in N Korea and British Rowers winning gold. Our advert was on men's skincare.

Just one-liners this week for me!

The topics I chose for ViewsJack were women-only train carriages, Sarah Palin's "speak American" comments and Eddie Redmayne being cast in all of the films.

For Breaking News I also went for the Superhenge! Also, at the last minute decided to put in a silly one about the Trainspotting sequel being announced, which is maybe less topical/newsworthy (NewsJack worthy?? Why am I overthinking this?) but we'll see I suppose!