Newsjack Series 13 Page 6

Quote: V Riddoch @ 10th September 2015, 9:58 AM BST

Pissed spaceman? Mice and monkeys?

Not me. On balance, I'm looking forward to hearing how someone else successfully wrote the sketch. :)

I did do Sam Smith Spectre Song alliteration though.

If nothing else I'm looking forward to hearing all the other news stories that weren't the refugee crisis, queen or Labour leadership this week. No idea what Space Whiskey (or Whisky?) is about!

Ah, definitely not my Stonehenge one-liner then.

Thanks Viv.

Unless the Obama email sketch has something to do with an affair with Hillary there's nout for me this week...

Fingers crossed one of my one liners has sneaked in there!

Quote: Kevlar @ 10th September 2015, 11:44 AM BST

Unless the Obama email sketch has something to do with an affair with Hillary there's nout for me this week...

Fingers crossed one of my one liners has sneaked in there!

Nope - but interesting!

There were two one-liners that were very similar to mine but better, so either they've edited (unlikely) or a better writer had the same idea (likely).

One was a breaking news joke on US Open drone.
The other was a Viewsjack on snake bite antidote.

I enjoyed the font factor sketch.
Well done to all those who got stuff recorded. Now back to the writing desk.

Quote: IlDustino @ 10th September 2015, 12:11 PM BST

snake bite antidote.

Was it at all like - it's not running out, it's slithering out?

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 10th September 2015, 12:17 PM BST

Was it at all like - it's not running out, it's slithering out?

I don't think so, unless I missed that bit. It was more along the lines of drinking snakebite and the antidote just being a hangover cure.

Quote: IlDustino @ 10th September 2015, 12:11 PM BST

There were two one-liners that were very similar to mine but better, so either they've edited (unlikely) or a better writer had the same idea (likely).

One was a breaking news joke on US Open drone.

Oooh - it wasn't comparing the drone to the noise from Andy Murray's press conferences was it?

Quote: AndyGilder @ 10th September 2015, 4:40 PM BST

Oooh - it wasn't comparing the drone to the noise from Andy Murray's press conferences was it?

Yes, it was! Hoorah! (Sorry I'd forgotten it.)

Quote: V Riddoch @ 10th September 2015, 5:08 PM BST

Yes, it was! Hoorah! (Sorry I'd forgotten it.)

I shall await with interest - bit of an obvious one so it may be that someone else has beaten me to it. :)

My natural pessimism forbids me getting too excited! (hits F5 on email again)

Email landed about half an hour ago, after I'd long given up hope. How life twists and turns.

No email, so it looks like it wasn't my joke after all. Oh well, onwards and downwards to further failure.

Quote: steve by any other name @ 10th September 2015, 7:44 PM BST

Email landed about half an hour ago, after I'd long given up hope. How life twists and turns.

Well done! :)

Quote: steve by any other name @ 10th September 2015, 7:44 PM BST

Congrats. Let us know which one was yours.