Newsjack Series 13 Page 7

Thanks Bonzo and Glauber.

Just a couple of one liners that sounded familiar. Naked rambler and Snakebite so will listen with interest. Was really surprised as I struggled this week as the dominant news stories didn't really fill me with cheer. Or inspiration. Although if I don't get something on it does tend to be when I've over thought it and when I do, it's more spontaneous. Hard not to start working on it over the weekend though. And am rubbish at topical sketches so generally stick to one liners.

Well done Steve good work. No one else at all get the good email? Or any email? Hopefully a few more will reveal themselves later.

Got an email which was surprising as I didn't recognise any from that list - either it's the Kanye West one and they added a Taylor Swift joke to it or its a sketch or one liner that wasn't particularly memorable!

Thanks Stephen.

Turns out I can get Newsjack on the television. Who'd have thought. Weirdly, I think I may have been the author of two Viewjacks. Naked rambler and Snake bite. Hard to say for sure as it was all in the last 30 seconds.

Am clambering onto pedestal so that can dive off when next and subsequent weeks return to form.

Quote: steve by any other name @ 10th September 2015, 11:26 PM BST

Thanks Stephen.

Turns out I can get Newsjack on the television. Who'd have thought.

Most channel hoppers. In fact most radios don't pick it up, just the new fangled ones.

Stuck these in critique, but I'll leave them here as well. Was there an Andy Murray one broadcast in the end?

BREAKING NEWS:

1. Doctors have called for action on 7-day working, as on most weekends there isn't a single MP on duty in Parliament

2. Archaeologists in Wiltshire have discovered a Superhenge. They believe it sent Stonehenge out of business with better choice, wider aisles and more cart parking spaces.

3. A man was arrested after a drone interrupted the US Open Tennis. The 28 year-old from Dunblane was asked to keep his press confererences down in future.

VIEWSJACK:

1. Went to that Dismaland yesterday. Really enjoyed it, which was a shame.

2. Awful to see those refugees stuck on a train going nowhere. Still, it's good preparation for being a British commuter.

3. Sarah Palin says immigrants to the US should speak American. Unless they want to be governor of Alaska, in which case they need to be fluent in bollocks.

The Andy Murray one they used was very, very similar to that.

Steve good work on the Naked Rambler one-liner that was one of my favourites. (That and the Ashley Madison one are particularly memorable). What was yours fishsauce?

It's a shame they still have non-topical one-liners as they detract from the feel of the show overall. Well that's what I think but others might disagree!

Quote: Babble Box @ 11th September 2015, 9:13 AM BST

The Andy Murray one they used was very, very similar to that.

Yeah, I thought at the time it was a pretty obvious gag that loads of people would have climbed on board with.

Must admit I've not listened to it yet. Congratulations to all who made it.

Quote: StephenM @ 11th September 2015, 10:13 AM BST

It's a shame they still have non-topical one-liners as they detract from the feel of the show overall.

They're still doing that... :(

I also find it strange whenever they include one-liners that aren't topical.

I've included my submission for this week in the rejects thread: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/1133543/

I was one of successful ones. First try, too!

I think I should quit while I'm ahead :)

FWIW, I did the - less than topical - Top Gear joke.

[quote name="Steev" post="1133547" date="11th September 2015, 12:08 PM BST"
FWIW, I did the - less than topical - Top Gear joke.
[/quote]

I don't mind an older story, one that's been in the news while they were off the air. It's the absolutely no relationship to a news story one I'm less keen on. (e.g. Anti-Mata one)

I got three emails yesterday Laughing out loud

None of them were from Newsjack.

Nothing for me this week. Yet to listen to the show but I'm also in the anti-nontopical one liners brigade. They stick out like a sore thumb and make the show seem less well put together, in my humble opinion.

Oh well, until Sunday night, troops... Wave

Mine was the Obama/Bear Grylls one.

The Kanye sketch was also 100% the same as mine in format, but almost 0% in content, so I assume someone else wrote it and it wasn't just a massive rewrite of my advert, as the format wasn't particularly unique!