Newsjack - Series 12 Page 21

Congrats to you and Viv! Nothing for me this week so I shall be spending the rest of the evening sat in the dark, gently weeping.

Well done Viv and Jane! Sadly I couldn't make it four in a row. Come on next week

Thanks Jabashe and Ed!
:)

Quote: Bonzo @ 26th March 2015, 7:32 PM GMT

Just got the email... we are in! :D

Well done you two, nice that the BCG can at least chalk up one success.

EDIT Although I see Matt got another credit too, after a bit of a dry spell IIRC; congrats.

Quote: Nogget @ 26th March 2015, 9:33 PM GMT

Well done you two, nice that the BCG can at least chalk up one success.

Thanks Nogget!

Superb track record, Bonzo and Viv. Good luck for next week too.

Quote: Blinkered @ 27th March 2015, 8:30 AM GMT

Thank you Blinkered!

Well I'm not going to go as far as Blinkered and just say well done once Bonzo and Viv! What did you get on?

And listening to the credits heard a few familiar names on there!

Quote: StephenM @ 27th March 2015, 12:36 PM GMT

Well I'm not going to go as far as Blinkered and just say well done once Bonzo and Viv! What did you get on?

And listening to the credits heard a few familiar names on there!

Thanks Stephen, it was the first FTSE joke about analysts not knowing what it means.

This was the first time I'd submitted anything for yonks. (2 oneliners)

And....

(drum roll)

...I got the Recorded But Cut email.

So near yet so far.

Does anyone know when the team start reading through the submissions? Do they only start reading sketches after midday Monday, or do they download them on Saturday night at the pub to get through a few before the deadline?

Yay! Almost didn't submit anything this week, but I got something on. The teletubbies trailer. It's odd - I thought some of my previous week's writing was much stronger, but I guess there are so many factors in which things get chosen. First time I've made the edit!
Was really interesting to hear the rewrites they made. I thought there was an extra gag or two in my version, but I'll certainly learn from the changes, especially on structure and brevity.
I heard they re-recorded it, or at least bits of it. Would be interested to know if they did different versions of it, or were just re-recording the same lines.

Quote: IlDustino @ 28th March 2015, 10:25 AM GMT

Yay! Almost didn't submit anything this week, but I got something on. The teletubbies trailer. It's odd - I thought some of my previous week's writing was much stronger, but I guess there are so many factors in which things get chosen. First time I've made the edit!
Was really interesting to hear the rewrites they made. I thought there was an extra gag or two in my version, but I'll certainly learn from the changes, especially on structure and brevity.
I heard they re-recorded it, or at least bits of it. Would be interested to know if they did different versions of it, or were just re-recording the same lines.

Hello. Well done, the teletubbies sketch was great! Generally what they do at the end of the show is just re-record the lines that either they couldn't hear (due to various thing, the line wasn't done properly or the audience coughed etc) or they sometimes record a different version of a naughty word - I guess so that they have the option of which to use in the final edit.

If you've never been to a recording then I recommend going (tickets are free) - and if London is too far then they record other things at other places including Salford.

Quote: Nogget @ 27th March 2015, 9:31 PM GMT

Does anyone know when the team start reading through the submissions? Do they only start reading sketches after midday Monday, or do they download them on Saturday night at the pub to get through a few before the deadline?

I don't know how they do it now but it used to be the case they'd generally read through them on a Monday and know which ones one be 'under consideration' for Tuesday morning.

They've said to send sketches as late as possible to make them more topical so not sure you'd gain much advantage sending them early. And imagine come the weekend they wouldn't want to see another sketch for as long as possible!