Newsjack - Series 12 Page 24

I'm in with something that coincided with the exact moment of my sliding into insanity.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 2nd April 2015, 8:21 PM BST

I'm in with something that coincided with the exact moment of my sliding into insanity.

Dan

Yay! Delighted to hear that sanity remains unslid.

Quote: swerytd @ 2nd April 2015, 8:21 PM BST

Dan

Well done Dan! Well done Steve!

:D

Cheers all & well done Dan
Mine's the Rhino one
(Thanks Bomsh for the list)

Well done everyone who got either form of email (good or very good) for submissions this series. How long is it till NJ returns in September?

Quote: thebda @ 2nd April 2015, 3:03 PM BST

Has anyone here had any experience with the Newsquiz writing spot? I'd be interested to hear how it went.

I've done a couple of guest writer spots on "The Newsquiz" and one on "The Now Show", what specifically would you like to know?

Well done Dan and Steve! Will listen properly but the leaders debate was enough topical comedy for me today.

Oh and I've done the News Quiz writing slot once. Less experienced than Tony but happy to field any questions.

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 2nd April 2015, 12:29 AM BST

Nearly broke Newsjack?
In what way - can you hint without spoiling it completely?
Or in PM..?

What was the oneliner that nearly broke Newsjack then?

Yes I'm curious what one that was. It's either Dan's Pot-pot-pot one or Jihaddi-Waddi given something weird went on with the sound just after it.

And congratulations Dan, Steve and Bomsh. Triple hit nice way to end the series.

Wow, thanks for the information. I guess out of email, broadcast, credit and money and contract, the email is the best one to not get.

Jihadiwaddy was the joke that nearly broke newsjack, although Dan's pot pot potty certainly played a part in cueing it up. I haven't had a chance to listen to the broadcast yet, but here's how it went down in the studio:
1) Dan's potty gag - they started giggling about half way through building up to a crescendo at the end. After all, it was more of an unprovoked violent assault on your semantic processing than your traditional reveal/punch at the end. Leaving them softened up and silly for:
2) Jihadiwaddy - they laughed, and laughed, Nish exchanges looks with the cast, steps up to the mike, they laugh, Nish draws breath, they carry on laughing, Nish's shoulders sag and he does a 'ffs' look to the production booth, they laugh some more, Nish steps up to the mike again, laughter tails off a bit, Nish does an 'is it safe now?' look to the production booth, laughter subsides but not entirely, Nish draws breath, audience runs out of steam, next joke.

That kind of 'nearly broke Newsjack'.

Ah interesting, yes that reaction was cut from the broadcast. My oneliner in that episode was the Jay Z/Tidal Viewsjack at the end.

I managed to get oneliners in 3 out of the 6 eps in the series. First time submitting to Newsjack so quite pleased with that.

Quote: martinw @ 3rd April 2015, 4:04 PM BST

Ah interesting, yes that reaction was cut from the broadcast. My oneliner in that episode was the Jay Z/Tidal Viewsjack at the end.

I managed to get oneliners in 3 out of the 6 eps in the series. First time submitting to Newsjack so quite pleased with that.

The 'why my life's a mess' gag? That was a great joke and (imho) a different kind of joke format from the usual. Haven't listened to the broadcast yet, but it got a big laugh in the room.

Yeah it was that one, thanks.

It's been interesting trying to craft the types of jokes that would fit into Newsjack.

Now, to try and fill the void now that it's over...

Anyone know when we get paid for our contributions?
Not that I'm in it for the money. It's all about the art. #Art.

Ah yes, I was wondering about that too