Newsjack - Series 12 Page 9

Quote: AndyGilder @ 2nd March 2015, 9:39 PM GMT

More importantly Bonzo, any feedback on the cake?

:D yes indeed - between us, me and Viv took 3 types of cake, 2 types of sweeties and 1 packet of biscuits. They seemed to go down well!

Yes, Bonzo, congratulations and also thanks for your helpful posts on this forum.

Hi.
If anyone wants to go to the recording tomorrow, I've got a couple of tickets I can't use.
Just PM me with an email address and I'll ping 'em over.

Quote: Bomsh @ 3rd March 2015, 9:40 PM GMT

Hi.
If anyone wants to go to the recording tomorrow, I've got a couple of tickets I can't use.
Just PM me with an email address and I'll ping 'em over.

Hi - just for info, the last few recordings I've been to, they wanted id to prove you were the person named on the ticket.

:)

Quote: thebda @ 2nd March 2015, 10:21 PM GMT

Congrats! And it makes me wonder if cake eating would aide my writing.

:D

Quote: Blinkered @ 3rd March 2015, 9:16 PM GMT

Yes, Bonzo, congratulations and also thanks for your helpful posts on this forum.

Thank you!

Good luck for this week everyone! :)

Quote: Bonzo @ 2nd March 2015, 9:42 PM GMT

:D yes indeed - between us, me and Viv took 3 types of cake, 2 types of sweeties and 1 packet of biscuits. They seemed to go down well!

Especially the strawberry laces...

Quote: steve by any other name @ 2nd March 2015, 9:07 PM GMT

Congratulations to the two of you. Really good to hear that hard work can pay off. And it sounds like fun.

Thank you! It was worth it just to sit in the Douglas Adams Meeting Room (and, briefly, the Alan Partridge Meeting Room).

Surely the Douglas Adams meeting room is on the seafront at Southend?

Quote: Bonzo @ 3rd March 2015, 9:45 PM GMT

Hi - just for info, the last few recordings I've been to, they wanted id to prove you were the person named on the ticket.

Wow, that's harsh. Do you have to take your passport along or something, then?

Quote: Bomsh @ 4th March 2015, 2:35 AM GMT

Wow, that's harsh. Do you have to take your passport along or something, then?

First time after they 'tightened' ticket security I took a photocopy of my passport but since then they've accepted a bank card or other id like my work pass.

Whose ID do you use?

Hi everyone

Viv and I went to the record. Here's what I can remember - its not a great recollection I'm afraid but I'll update if I think of things and feel free to ask about your sketches.

Sketches:
Insulting George Galloway
Lion king / animal memories
Astrology doctor
New president / celebrities
Crufts (ours!!)
Ukip party political broadcast
Loreal
Jihadi John and s club 7

Oneliners and viewsjacks
Madonna / steps
2 x ikea
Big babies (ours!!)
Teresa May immigration cap

..... I'll post more as I remember!

OOH...remembered another one:

Uk charts and radio 1

Another one:

Putin drops some salt.

And another:

Mary Berry and caveman - this got a big laugh!

Promising as I did write an astrology/doctor sketch, although I imagine I wasn't the only one... Thanks for the updates!

Quote: jabashe @ 4th March 2015, 10:26 PM GMT

Promising as I did write an astrology/doctor sketch, although I imagine I wasn't the only one... Thanks for the updates!

I was thinking the same until I saw your post. Didn't realise it was such a widespread story. Mine was more of an "embarrassing (celestial) bodies" slant so doesn't sound like it was the one. Ah well, first attempt at NJ so didn't expect much, but I did get momentarily excited.

Anyway thanks for the updates Bonzo, and congrats on getting to the writers room!

Thanks for the update Bonzo. And congrats on makin git to the writers room.

Was the UK chart, a one liner or a sketch?

Thanks! I've added some more in my post above!

Quote: Tony Dunn @ 5th March 2015, 9:41 AM GMT

Thanks for the update Bonzo. And congrats on makin git to the writers room.

Was the UK chart, a one liner or a sketch?

Thank you, the uk chart I remember was a sketch.

Hi Bonzo, thanks for the update/info. Putin drops some salt - was this a one-liner or a sketch? I wrote a sketch where Putin drops some salt...