Newsjack - Series 12 Page 4

Does anyone know if you would be able to submit, say, 6 one-liners instead of 3 voxpops and 3 one-liners?

Many thanks.

We've sent ours in! 2 sketches and a mini on Mugabe's birthday party, Queen hiring a new chauffeur, and a Mumsnet 'which politician do you fancy' mini.

So now it's on to the oneliners and these new vox pops things...

Me and Viv have been invited in to the writers meeting next Monday - anyone else going?

:)

Quote: Marooned @ 23rd February 2015, 8:46 AM GMT

Does anyone know if you would be able to submit, say, 6 one-liners instead of 3 voxpops and 3 one-liners?

Many thanks.

I pity your clients if you go into freelancing, Marooned. Just follow the instructions, willya!

Quote: Bonzo @ 23rd February 2015, 11:21 AM GMT

Me and Viv have been invited in to the writers meeting next Monday - anyone else going?

Well done Jane and Viv! My invite must've been lost in the post...

Let us know what it's like!

Quote: andysteph81 @ 23rd February 2015, 7:13 PM GMT

Well done Jane and Viv! My invite must've been lost in the post...

Let us know what it's like!

Thanks Andy! :)

Hello all!

First time posting here. I was just wondering - for any of you more experienced newsjackers - when or if you find out that something you've submitted has been successful or not?

Thanks in advance! ????

Quote: Kevlar @ 24th February 2015, 3:00 AM GMT

Hello all!

First time posting here. I was just wondering - for any of you more experienced newsjackers - when or if you find out that something you've submitted has been successful or not?

Thanks in advance! ????

Welcome to the boards!

Unofficially: If you, or someone you know, hears your stuff at the recording on Wednesday nights.

Officially: somewhere between about 16:00 and 18:30 on the day of broadcast, the BBC sends emails out if you've got something in the show or if you had something recorded but cut in the edit (IIRC they usually record something like 35 minutes for a 28min broadcast show).
The emails don't usually tell you what was used, but you'll hear at the night if it was used, and if it was cut they're usually very happy to tell you if you enquire.

If your material never made the recording script then you don't hear a thing, so don't know if you were in consideration at any point or woefully wide of the mark.

Quote: Bonzo @ 23rd February 2015, 11:21 AM GMT

Congratulations both!

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 24th February 2015, 6:05 AM GMT

Congratulations both!

Thanks Dave :)

Congratulations Viv and Jane being invited in - throughly well deserved. As ever shows that the BBC do actually reward good writers!

If anyone's interested I threw my hat into the ring with:
- Mugabe World's oldest leader
- Mo Farah broke the 2 minute indoor record
- Ad about using scary numbers in economics reports

Quote: StephenM @ 24th February 2015, 11:45 AM GMT

Congratulations Viv and Jane being invited in - throughly well deserved. As ever shows that the BBC do actually reward good writers!

Thanks very much Stephen, we were thrilled to get invited.

We've sent in our oneliners - 3 of each.

Good luck everyone! :)

Quote: StephenM @ 24th February 2015, 11:45 AM GMT

- Mo Farah broke the 2 minute indoor record

2 miles in 2 minutes is pretty good going.

Quote: Nogget @ 24th February 2015, 12:02 PM GMT

2 miles in 2 minutes is pretty good going.

Oops. Should say I proof-read my sketches more thoroughly than my BCG posts!

hello,

It was my first time submitting something for this.

i stuck a few one liners in.

one about brian the horse failing his test to join the police

another about the climbing route on everest being changed

and something about the fall in unemployment

they were probably removed and blown up like a suspicious bag

I'm an aspiring but inexperienced writer, wanting to give this a shot. I'm fairly unfamiliar with this show though and what kind of stuff I should submit. I'm going to give the one-liner submission a shot for next week.

Do the submissions have to be strictly topical for the last week or can I submit general satirical headlines and statements on current news and social affairs? I've got a few ideas for pop culture but they aren't exactly on mainstream news. They're more of the style of The Onion.

The best advice, sythestag, is to listen to the show. That way, you'll get a good idea of its style.

(+++EDIT++++ Oops, I called sythestag sythestage. So I changed it)