Newsjack - Series 12 Page 5

[quote name
Congratulations both!
[/quote]

Thanks, Judgement, Andy and Stephen. My plan so far is to bring cake and to not fall over.

Well done and Good luck ladies Pleased

Thank you Will. :)

Quote: V Riddoch @ 24th February 2015, 9:01 PM GMT

[quote name
Thanks, Judgement, Andy and Stephen. My plan so far is to bring cake and to not fall over.

i dunno some people have recently, inexplicably become 'national treasures' for that kind of schtick.

Quote: V Riddoch @ 24th February 2015, 9:01 PM GMT

[quote name

Cake is a very good idea as nobody tells you where you can buy food from. My other tip is bring Vitamin D pills as you won't see any natural light the whole day.

Quote: sythestag @ 24th February 2015, 5:49 PM GMT

I'm an aspiring but inexperienced writer, wanting to give this a shot. I'm fairly unfamiliar with this show though and what kind of stuff I should submit. I'm going to give the one-liner submission a shot for next week.

Do the submissions have to be strictly topical for the last week or can I submit general satirical headlines and statements on current news and social affairs? I've got a few ideas for pop culture but they aren't exactly on mainstream news. They're more of the style of The Onion.

I'm an aspiring but inexperienced writer, wanting to give this a shot. I'm fairly unfamiliar with this show though and what kind of stuff I should submit. I'm going to give the one-liner submission a shot for next week.

Do the submissions have to be strictly topical for the last week or can I submit general satirical headlines and statements on current news and social affairs? I've got a few ideas for pop culture but they aren't exactly on mainstream news. They're more of the style of The Onion.

Welcome to Newsjack. You're about to enter a world of (hopefully) incredible highs and extreme frustration.

Generally the show is topical around last week's news and less in the style of the Onion. The one-liners I think they've said can be more zeitgeisty but we'll only find out exactly what that means after the first episode with the new producers.

In the meantime if you want to get a feel of what an old episode was like you can find the best of series 7 here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01gc7qv

And some clips from the most recent series are down the bottom of this page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kvs8r

And good luck!

Exciting stuff about the writer's meeting - good luck!

For what it's worth, my sketches this week were on:

- Apple developing a car
- Mo Farah / Andy Vernon falling out
- 30-second Lib Dem party political broadcast

Fingers crossed as usual. Was interesting doing the Viewsjack as well, forced me to think about things a bit differently!

Anyone going to the record this week? I tried to get tickets but was sadly too late.

["StephenM" pMy other tip is bring Vitamin D pills as you won't see any natural light the whole day.[/quote]

My north-east Scottish upbringing will be excellent training, then. :)

Wahey! It's Anticipation Thursday (to be followed at 6pm by disappointment Thursday)

Good luck everyone!

Quote: Mike Yeoman @ 26th February 2015, 7:52 AM GMT

Wahey! It's Anticipation Thursday (to be followed at 6pm by disappointment Thursday)

Good luck everyone!

Oh how I've missed this.*

*not even slightly

Still, buoyed by two recent successes on The Last Leg I've fired in a handful of one-liners and a 30-second advert on Access for Cash.

Quote: thebda @ 26th February 2015, 2:03 PM GMT

When is a sensible time to start hitting refresh repeatedly for my emails?

12.01pm, Tuesday.

This time of the week, for 12 weeks a year, serves as a reminder of how superstitious I actually am when something within tells me that checking my emails will stop me getting something on air but I keep doing it anywsy.

Quote: tiggerdwc @ 26th February 2015, 5:14 PM GMT

This time of the week, for 12 weeks a year, serves as a reminder of how superstitious I actually am when something within tells me that checking my emails will stop me getting something on air but I keep doing it anywsy.

You actually stopped checking your emails just to post that to BCG? You'll never make it with priorities like that. :P

Nothing on here, nothing on Twitter, nothing on [CHECKS WEBSITE] the website, did anyone get a credit?

Not a sausage!

I'm starting to think Newsjack Series 12 doesn't really exist