Quote: Bonzo @ 10th March 2015, 4:12 PM GMT

So we're about half way! This week we sent:

Sketches
- sport - Balotelli
- world - Greece / Shirley Valentine
- Mini sketch - website misconceptions

Good luck everyone!!

:)

Now I pride myself on being a sports fan but I've no idea what Balotelli did that was newsworthy this week. Certainly nothing on the pitch against Blackburn.

As a Liverpool fan I'm curious, what was the Mario sketch about? (Without giving too much away!)

Quote: StephenM @ 11th March 2015, 12:55 PM GMT

Now I pride myself on being a sports fan but I've no idea what Balotelli did that was newsworthy this week. Certainly nothing on the pitch against Blackburn.

As a Liverpool fan I'm curious, what was the Mario sketch about? (Without giving too much away!)

Hello - it was this story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/mario-balotelli/11456526/Liverpool-news-Mario-Balotelli-agent-says-striker-has-never-been-asked-to-run-before.html

Does anyone know if there are any rules governing music and theme music used in sketches?

I had a sketch in this time , that needed the theme music and sound effects from Pointless. I thought as this was a BBC show it might be alright but I wasn't sure?

When the Not Going Out episode used bits from Pointless it seemed they had to ask permission-presumably because it wasn't made by BBC Productions. It's likely they have similar sound effects to the show to hand.

Quote: Tony Dunn @ 11th March 2015, 1:51 PM GMT

Does anyone know if there are any rules governing music and theme music used in sketches?

I had a sketch in this time , that needed the theme music and sound effects from Pointless. I thought as this was a BBC show it might be alright but I wasn't sure?

They've said in the past that unless they know *very* quickly (ie someone in the room they're in knows off the top of their head) that they can get some music for free, it's not worth the hassle; primarily because of the quick turnaround of the show. They simply don't have time to sort out the rights before editing and broadcast.

Dan

This week I had oneliners involving:

fanatics destroying historic sites

'50 shades...' World book day boy

Crufts

Sorry Viv and Bonzo, I'm not going to be there tonight, but I might be there next Wednesday. Good luck tonight, we wait for your post show review with baited breath

Thanks Dan,

This makes sense -i'll probably leave try and leave this sort of thing out of future sketches.

Quote: Bonzo @ 11th March 2015, 1:38 PM GMT

Hello - it was this story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/mario-balotelli/11456526/Liverpool-news-Mario-Balotelli-agent-says-striker-has-never-been-asked-to-run-before.html

Thanks. I guess if you're not going to cover HSBC stories you've got to fill the paper up with something.

And should be plenty of comedy potential in that!

Hello, ok, here's what I remember - I'll edit if I think of more. Unfortunately nothing of ours this week, but at least we got to see Margaret Cabourn-Smith!

Sketches
Doctors using coffee
Crufts - Timmy the dog and friends
Russian spy poisoned Crufts dog as he did not realise 'red setter' was a code name
David Cameron can't help saying inappropriate things
The racing driver just out of a coma
The footballer who wants to become a car salesman
Eurovision intentionally doing a dreadful entry
Sun, sea and suspicious grandchildren
National trust gift shops
Knit your own free school
Top ten of current threats

I'll update when I think of more....

Quote: StephenM @ 11th March 2015, 8:32 PM GMT

Thanks. I guess if you're not going to cover HSBC stories you've got to fill the paper up with something.

And should be plenty of comedy potential in that!

Quote: Bonzo @ 11th March 2015, 9:22 PM GMT

Russian spy poisoned Crufts dog as he did not realise 'red setter' was a code name

Hmmm, that one sounds familiar. Or perhaps an idea that someone else had. Either way makes tomorrow exciting.

Cheers for sending that round.

(Random question - there wasn't an Empty Chair sketch? I had higher hopes for that than my Russian spy one!)

Quote: StephenM @ 11th March 2015, 10:03 PM GMT

Hmmm, that one sounds familiar. Or perhaps an idea that someone else had. Either way makes tomorrow exciting.

Cheers for sending that round.

(Random question - there wasn't an Empty Chair sketch? I had higher hopes for that than my Russian spy one!)

Sorry, Stephen - no empty chairs.

One more I've remembered:

James Bond and his mum

Howdy y'all,

Just to add a few to Bonzo's list:

Debates with every single party & many others
Sexy Philip Hammond
James Bond's mum
Torquay footballer coming out as car salesman
Health app insulting someone's health
Statistically accurate date
Advert for human arm

Hope that rings some bells - the top ten current threats sketch was mine so hoping it makes the cut.

Quote: StephenM @ 11th March 2015, 10:03 PM GMT

The Russian spy one was one of my favourites - if it was yours congrats!

Nuts I did a Hercule Poirot Crufts and a TV Debate on the Debate on the Debate sketch. Neither sound like mine :(

I did a one about Bond and his mam (I had to change it to 'mum' so the Southerners would understand!)