Newsjack - Series 12 Page 7

Well done all who got something in! Commiserations to all else - like me - who didn't. Keep trying! Looking forward to the show tonight :D

First thing on - the Eddie Redmayne joke.

Feel free to withdraw your good wishes :)

Well done guys.

Well done to everyone who got stuff on.

I thought that all breaking news was going to be topical?

'Phone takes picture, more as it develops' For f**ks sake!

Quote: Will Cam @ 26th February 2015, 10:52 PM GMT

Well done to everyone who got stuff on.

I thought that all breaking news was going to be topical?

'Phone takes picture, more as it develops' For f**ks sake!

Didn't they use exactly the same joke on a previous series?

And Rifkind and Straw given up giving a sh*t for lent - did they do the same joke twice, or did I image that?

I only sent topical one liners this week, which I thought was what they preferred. For the remaining 5 episodes I will look through my archives on non-topical material.

The other one I remember was something like' dog
with big hooves turns out to be a little horse'
It was a shame because there was some good stuff on there. Thought the last line was the funniest but I don't think it needed ' that's why they threw me out'.

Quote: AndyGilder @ 26th February 2015, 7:50 PM GMT

After three series of brain-gnawing disappointment, finally... :)

Well done, Andy! Which was yours?

Quote: AndyGilder @ 26th February 2015, 10:35 PM GMT

Ah, I didn't read back far enough on the thread.

Fab gag, made me laugh out loud!

Quote: Otterfox @ 26th February 2015, 7:52 PM GMT

Just got an email to say I got something in. First time ever getting something in!!

Yay! Well done, you! Which was yours?

Congratulations everyone who got something on.

Quote: AndyGilder @ 26th February 2015, 10:35 PM GMT

The Stephen Hawking impression / HR one? Well done if it was that, I thought that was the stand-out joke of the show.

Anyone listening on iPlayer? Had a few problems with catchup this week when the show is cut off at the end, and this has happened with NewsJack (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b053n0y9#auto), so you'll also need to listen to The Comedy Club interviews for the last 3 minutes... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b054bsc5

Haven't posted here in aaaaages. Never submitted to Newsjack before but finally, after 12 series, gave it a pop. Nothing doing this time but I'll give it a crack next week. And the week after that. And so on.

One thing - did they actually do any Vox pops this week? I just listened and the episode on my radio app gets stuck in a weird loop at 25:17 - just keeps looping round on someone yelling "CHEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!". Can't get past it, so they might have appeared at the end...?

Quote: Pripyat @ 27th February 2015, 10:08 AM GMT

did they actually do any Vox pops this week?/.../ they might have appeared at the end...?

Yes they did. the BBC really need to sort out their Player, it hardly works on my devices. I have to clear the cache every time I use it or it won't work.

Interesting to see the chorus of disapproval starting so early in this series, I think that must be some sort of record.

Haven't posted here in aaaaages. Never submitted to Newsjack before but finally, after 12 series, gave it a pop. Nothing doing this time but I'll give it a crack next week. And the week after that. And so on.

One thing - did they actually do any Vox pops this week? I just listened and the episode on my radio app gets stuck in a weird loop at 25:17 - just keeps looping round on someone yelling "CHEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!". Can't get past it, so they might have appeared at the end...?

See my post just before yours :)

Had the same problem.
You can just download the podcast and listen to that. It runs to the end. There's a great Steven Hawking joke waiting for you if you do.

Quote: StephenM @ 27th February 2015, 9:57 AM GMT

The Stephen Hawking impression / HR one? Well done if it was that, I thought that was the stand-out joke of the show.

Sadly not, the one about him issuing a statement through his footman.

So the second best joke of the show then :)

Quote: V Riddoch @ 26th February 2015, 11:26 PM GMT

Fab gag, made me laugh out loud!

You're too kind.

I didn't say stop :)