Birds of a Feather Page 5

Quote: jake how @ February 19, 2008, 3:03 PM

I have watched every episode of BOAF apart from The Chigwell Years, does anyone have that episode ? please let me know.

That is the only episode I don't have, sorry.

Quote: James Williams @ February 19, 2008, 3:22 PM

As much as 20,000? Wiki says "over 5,000". While I realise 20,000 is over £5,000, one assumes the figure is not that massive.

Actually, it says "BARB have approximately 5,100 homes (equating to approximately 11,500 individuals)". Wikipedia being notoriously accurate and reliable, of course. ;)

Quote: Jeremy Quarshie -Halm @ February 19, 2008, 3:36 PM

I'm glad this is on as i used to watch it as a young kid. I've forgotten about the epiosdes and gags in it . The only one i can remember is when they were stuck in a car park and when other them i think her name is sharon suggested eating the leather seats of the car. Thats about all i can remember. Alsoi believe it is the third longest running sitcom after last of the summer wine and army game!

Define long-running! I certainly would have said that The Army Game was long-running. Yes, LOTS of episodes, but it only ran from 1957-1961.

Only just found out about BOAF being on paramount comedy 2 am made up have missed the first few episodes but as its the first series its ok!! I've got the dvd cant believe their gonna show all the episodes! I wonder if they will play the christmas specials too??

I think that they will, barney.

They are showing the 1st ever Christmas special Sailing and the 1st episode from series 2 called Getting a Grip this week.

Here is there Schedule:
28-02-2008 - 21:00 (Paramount 2)
Sailing: Tracey's first Christmas without Darryl looks bleak, but will something in the post brighten her mood?

28-02-2008 - 21:40 (Paramount 2)
Getting A Grip: Dorien proves a useful neighbour when the girls' central heating breaks down.

28-02-2008 - 00:45 (Paramount 2)
Sailing: Tracey's first Christmas without Darryl looks bleak, but will something in the post brighten her mood?

28-02-2008 - 01:25 (Paramount 2)
Getting A Grip: Dorien proves a useful neighbour when the girls' central heating breaks down.
06-03-2008 - 21:20 (Paramount 2)

Sweet Smell Of Success: In a bid to clear their debts, Tracey contemplates selling Darryl's car, whilst Sharon thinks selling perfume is the answer. But will anyone buy "Heaven Scent"?
06-03-2008 - 22:00 (Paramount 2)

Young Guns: Garth's sexuality is brought into question when he brings home an attractive guy from boarding school.
06-03-2008 - 01:10 (Paramount 2)

Sweet Smell Of Success: In a bid to clear their debts, Tracey contemplates selling Darryl's car, whilst Sharon thinks selling perfume is the answer. But will anyone buy "Heaven Scent"?
06-03-2008 - 01:50 (Paramount 2)

Young Guns: Garth's sexuality is brought into question when he brings home an attractive guy from boarding school.
13-03-2008 - 21:00 (Paramount 2)

Muesli: Tracey decides to experience prison life with Sharon as her cellmate. But will the attic prove a good cell?
13-03-2008 - 21:40 (Paramount 2)

Keep Off The Grass: When a friend commits a crime, the girls are torn whether to keep quiet or tell the police.
13-03-2008 - 01:30 (Paramount 2)

Keep Off The Grass: When a friend commits a crime, the girls are torn whether to keep quiet or tell the police.
13-03-2008 - 00:50 (Paramount 2)

Muesli: Tracey decides to experience prison life with Sharon as her cellmate. But will the attic prove a good cell?
20-03-2008 - 21:00 (Paramount 2)

Mice: Tracey decides to hold a perfume-selling party selling, but she runs into trouble when unexpected guests arrive.
20-03-2008 - 21:40 (Paramount 2)

Brief Encounter: Sharon defends a businessman from a mugger. After realising he is Marcus' financial advisor, could he be the man of her dreams?
20-03-2008 - 01:30 (Paramount 2)

Brief Encounter: Sharon defends a businessman from a mugger. After realising he is Marcus' financial advisor, could he be the man of her dreams?
20-03-2008 - 00:50 (Paramount 2)

Mice: Tracey decides to hold a perfume-selling party selling, but she runs into trouble when unexpected guests arrive.
23-03-2008 - 22:20 (Paramount 2)

Shift!: Tracey faces financial difficulty, whilst Sharon branches out.
23-03-2008 - 23:00 (Paramount 2)

Women's Troubles: Tracey thinks she might be pregnant, whilst Sharon finds a man to replace Chris.
23-03-2008 - 23:40 (Paramount 2)

Nicked: Sharon and Tracey's world comes tumbling down when Chris and Darryl get sent to prison. But is moving in together the answer to their problems?
23-03-2008 - 00:20 (Paramount 2)

Just Visiting: Tracey and Sharon adjust to life as prison wives, but will Garth be as understanding?
23-03-2008 - 01:00 (Paramount 2)

Shift!: Tracey faces financial difficulty, whilst Sharon branches out.
23-03-2008 - 01:40 (Paramount 2)

Women's Troubles: Tracey thinks she might be pregnant, whilst Sharon finds a man to replace Chris.
23-03-2008 - 21:00 (Paramount 2)

Nicked: Sharon and Tracey's world comes tumbling down when Chris and Darryl get sent to prison. But is moving in together the answer to their problems?
23-03-2008 - 21:40 (Paramount 2)

Just Visiting: Tracey and Sharon adjust to life as prison wives, but will Garth be as understanding?
27-03-2008 - 21:00 (Paramount 2)

You Pays Yer Money: Moving to Chigwell means Sharon hasn't been registered to vote. Thinking she can simply use Darryl's ballot paper, Tracey sees a money making opportunity.
27-03-2008 - 21:40 (Paramount 2)

Trust: Tracey decides to quit smoking with the help of a hunky psychotherapist. But how will Darryl feel?
27-03-2008 - 00:50 (Paramount 2)

You Pays Yer Money: Moving to Chigwell means Sharon hasn't been registered to vote. Thinking she can simply use Darryl's ballot paper, Tracey sees a money making opportunity.
27-03-2008 - 01:30 (Paramount 2)

Trust: Tracey decides to quit smoking with the help of a hunky psychotherapist. But how will Darryl feel?

I actually saw it on paramount 2 and I thought of you Jake Laughing out loud

This might amuse you all :D

It's a bit of script that I wrote way back when I was doing the computer support for Alomo Productions Ltd. I used to use to test that I had got the template software right etc etc.

http://www.datahighways.net/dhl/downloads/w8/byteback.pdf

is that a real script!? I like when she doesn't know what Word for Windows is! She must be like a hundred!

bye for today

Joe Sorry

homefortea.blogspot.com

No its not a real script. :D :D Too short anyway, a 30 min episode would be over 50 pages.

But back in 1994/95 there were not many actors/actresses who knew how to use a computer.

Remember it was in the days of Windows 3.1 (even Windows 95 hadn't arrived yet), those that knew any computing may still have been using DOS. On Windows the battle for supremecy between MS Word for Windows and WordPerfect for Windows was still in progress. Lots of people, even if their computer could do Windows, still used Word Perfect for DOS.

The production team used the DOS word processing program Wordstar to do the production scripts, partly because Word for Windows was not capable (& still is not capable) of doing the superimposed Underlines that were used to make the camera cue lines on the production script.

:S :S

Totally random and almost entirely unrelated point, but IME Word on XP is what's been used for autocue.

Anyway.

Quote: billwill @ February 25, 2008, 11:42 PM

This might amuse you all :D

It's a bit of script that I wrote way back when I was doing the computer support for Alomo Productions Ltd. I used to use to test that I had got the template software right etc etc.

http://www.datahighways.net/dhl/downloads/w8/byteback.pdf

It is not bad.

Quote: jake how @ February 27, 2008, 7:11 PM

It is not bad.

Heh, heh.

Long ago, that's what Maurice said too.. :)

Maybe I should have persuaded them to record it as a training film :O :O
With the usual trio and with ME guest-starring as Bill the Boffin.
Whistling nnocently

I don't think so.

so glad i have found this site.
only have freeview as im poor, cant believe its on paramount 2.

rerun on bbc please, it was reran at the end of july 2001 but stopped after 911 :-(

any1 have any copies i can buy ??? have some from 15 years ago and managed to salvaged and put on to dvd

I have loads of episodes and you can watch some that I put on My YouTube.

Jake, you don't need either of those apostrophes.