Newsjack - Series 11 Page 5

You could also try OpenOffice, or LibreOffice, which are both free office suites for download.

I wonder if everybody will have completely avoided the Scotland issue? I'm glad I did as I caught up on The Now Show earlier (only after I'd submitted!) and they seemed to have covered it pretty definitively.

I also went for Russia cutting off the internet, with another sketch about the Ebola crisis (classic comedy material). My 30 seconder was about Optical Express hard selling laser eye surgery.

I'm going to the record tomorrow as well for an evening of buttock-clenching anticipation.

I'm going to the record too!

Yeah I avoided Scotland / Devolution as I bet they'll get hundreds of sketches about it. Subjects covered were:

- AliBaba listing on US stock exchange
- Texas anti-upskirt law deemed to be unconstitutional
- US invading Iraq (again)

So at least they'll fail on their own merit rather than being up against another, better sketch!

Quote: jabashe @ 23rd September 2014, 5:29 PM BST

You could also try OpenOffice, or LibreOffice, which are both free office suites for download.

I have LibreOffice on my new laptop, the oneliner template looks fine, but the sketch template looks really weird. Rather than faff about with it, I just switched back to my old PC which does have Word on it, and wrote with that.

I went for a sketch about 3D printers being sent to space to create parts for the ISS, and a piece about Formula One's new communication regulations.

For some reason I thought the deadline for one liners was 4pm, have I had a stroke or was that the old deadline? Shunted them over at 12.02, with hope in my heart and a tear on my cheek.

I'm sure this has been answered a hundred times before so apologies in advance. Do you get any notification if you do/don't get something in?

Oh and thanks to all who offered alternative options to word. Much appreciated :)

Ash - they changed it towards the start of the last series. Probably thought they'd prefer not to suddenly get 1,000 e-mails just before (theoretical) home-time!

Otterfox - No problem, understand you don't want to read every previous series thread to find one answer! They should let you know on Thursday afternoon if you've got something in the final broadcast. They'll also let you now if you got something in the recording script but was cut. They used to send them out on Thursday afternoon too but think sometimes these went out a little later last series.

Thats brilliant, thanks again Stephen. At least I know how to react to the rejection of getting nothing in now :)

It's an important part of the process to know at which point in the week you should give up all hope.

Quote: StephenM @ 24th September 2014, 11:04 AM BST

It's an important part of the process to know at which point in the week you should give up all hope.

I find that usually comes about 5 minutes after I start trying to come up with sketch ideas.

Well I've just been to the recording so I know I got nothing in this week!

The sketches I remember are:

Optical express / laser

Archbishop Lord's Prayer

UN / celebrites

James Bond

New Star Wars / tax breaks

Home grown terror spotting

Phones 4 U

Gordon Brown

if I think of any more I'll update....

... Thought of one

Independent country chat line

The list of writers for episode 1 is on the site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kvs8r

Well done if you're on it!

Not sure if I'll be submitting this series but will be listening.

Mike.

Seems a bit early for that
Are you sure that's not the list for episode 1 series 10?

I don't think it is this weeks list - it was on the website on Tuesday morning. I saw it when I was looking for the submission details. It's probably an old list.

Well I hope it's an old list. Otherwise it means that all that money the BBC has been using to train clairvoyant web developers has really paid off :)

Just assumed as it's on the page with details of tonight's show.
Seems mad if it's episode 1 of the last series, but there you go.
Wrong again.