What are you watching on TV? Page 1,899

No one watch 'Benefits Street' last night?

Watching 'The Truth About Immigration' and typically they had a fruit farmer moaning that he won't be able to exploit the hell out of foreigns anymore if the rules are changed.

Oh noes, what will he do? Maybe he'll lose his farm and be made destitute and thrown out on the street. Then when he goes to the council for somewhere to live, he is denied a home for his family because of the very same immigrants he brought in.

It's the circle of life or summat.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 7th January 2014, 9:57 PM GMT

No one watch 'Benefits Street' last night?

Yep. Same old tired benefits bashing. These people's problems are not about money - they are about substance abuse, mental health issues, deprivation, lack of life skills, breakdown of the family unit, poverty of ambition and deep social decline. Don't frame the debate around benefits, there is so much more to it than that.

I didn't watch that benefits thing, but everyone at work was moaning about it.

Quote: Ben @ 7th January 2014, 11:07 PM GMT

I didn't watch that benefits thing, but everyone at work was moaning about it.

I didn't watch it, but these things are always stitch up jobs. Maybe they wouldn't be so poor if the programme makers paid them the same appearance fees as Jonathan Ross and Graham Norton.

But no, it's a 'documentary'. There are plenty of freeloaders about, most of them behind the camera.

I couldn't help laughing every time the voiceover man used the silly names for each person. Black Dee, White Dee, Shoplifter Pete.

Some journalist Tweeted that he went to that street today and interviewed 4 residents at random. One was unemployed, one was a student and two worked for the NHS.

I watched that Star watch thing tonight and in a really spooky coincidence spent an hour last night watching some different Ted talks with that woman who loves Saturn's moons. What are the chances of that happening aye?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th January 2014, 10:33 PM GMT

Watching 'The Truth About Immigration' and typically they had a fruit farmer moaning that he won't be able to exploit the hell out of foreigns anymore if the rules are changed.

It's the circle of life or summat.

Those Rumanians are coming over here and growing homosexuals

Hows the internet dating going

Quote: Jennie @ 7th January 2014, 11:04 PM GMT

These people's problems are not about money - they are about substance abuse, mental health issues, deprivation, lack of life skills, breakdown of the family unit, poverty of ambition and deep social decline.

Before or after they dated you

Quote: sootyj @ 7th January 2014, 11:58 PM GMT

Those Rumanians are coming over here and growing homosexuals

Ro-gaynians! Though to be fair, we were warned about Transylvanian Transvestites -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL9Osd5NRvI

Is that footage of the ukip conference?

This evening, if I remember (and if I don't fall asleep), I shall be watching episode 1 of the new American version of The Tomorrow People. E4 at 9pm.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ 8th January 2014, 3:38 PM GMT

This evening, if I remember (and if I don't fall asleep), I shall be watching episode 1 of the new American version of The Tomorrow People. E4 at 9pm.

I hope for your sake it's less dreary than the trailers seem to suggest.

Quote: Nogget @ 8th January 2014, 3:42 PM GMT

I hope for your sake it's less dreary than the trailers seem to suggest.

I'll give it one or two eps. The entire run is 22!

I'm watching Mythbusters for two very important reasons (1) I like watching stuff blow up (2) Kari Byron, What's not to like?.

Quote: Lee @ 7th January 2014, 11:56 PM GMT

I watched that Star watch thing tonight...

Same here. Even got a namecheck :)