Newsjack - Series 9 Page 14

Quote: Rawle @ September 23 2013, 11:27 PM BST

Going to recording Wednesday if there's anything specific people want me to listen out for?

My name?

Any jokes about apprentices, the new flu vaccine, or drugs in sport might be mine...

Has anyone received an auto acknowledgment email? If yes, what time of day do you usually submit? I know they say it is patchy but I've now sent 4 things and received no auto confirmation.

Thanks.

They've put out on twitter that the auto reply isn't working

Quote: Pete Turton @ September 24 2013, 10:01 AM BST

They've put out on twitter that the auto reply isn't working

Quote: Bonzo @ September 23 2013, 9:19 PM BST

I sent 2 again this week, one about quiz show panellists and one about Harriet Harman's 'granny leave' manifesto (it was in the Independent on Saturday). Just tweaking one liners now... but they don't seem very funny... brain hurting a lot.

I re-listened to episode 1 this morning on the way to work, the snakes and ladders sketch is even funnier the second time round.

Good luck to everyone for this week.

Thanks, Bonzo! I suspect I'm a one-hit wonder...
Good luck this week, too.

Still got a ticket going for tomorrow night if anyone's interested.It's at Rada studios (the old Drill Hall) near Goodge Street.

Sent in 1 intro. 3 jackapps and 1 correction. Much happier with these than the undercooked tripe I sent in last week.

Will probably be repeating the above statement for the next five weeks...

Sent a sketch in this week. I'm not really a 'sketch' person. Been struggling with one liners all weekend too. I tend to cut stories out of the newspapers or add them to 'Pocket', if I think might have some mileage, then review them when I get time. Couldn't think of a good* gag to save my life. Then last night, I came up with about seven in twenty minutes. None may make it, but I'm happier with my efforts. :)

*legible

Quote: Park Bench @ September 24 2013, 12:41 PM BST

Sent a sketch in this week. I'm not really a 'sketch' person. Been struggling with one liners all weekend too. I tend to cut stories out of the newspapers or add them to 'Pocket', if I think might have some mileage, then review them when I get time. Couldn't think of a good* gag to save my life. Then last night, I came up with about seven in twenty minutes. None may make it, but I'm happier with my efforts. :)

*legible

Sounds familiar. I'm - frankly - shit at writing dialogue.

Monologues and one-liners are my preferred format, but until Alan Bennett dies there's not much call for anyone else to do the former.

Quote: Bonzo @ September 24 2013, 7:18 AM BST

Has anyone received an auto acknowledgment email? If yes, what time of day do you usually submit? I know they say it is patchy but I've now sent 4 things and received no auto confirmation.

Thanks.

I've sent three emails so far (sketches and one liners last week, sketches this week) and not had an autoreply, so you're not alone.

Quote: David Salisbury @ September 24 2013, 1:36 PM BST

I've sent three emails so far (sketches and one liners last week, sketches this week) and not had an autoreply, so you're not alone.

Tweet from Newsjack this morning saying auto-reply is only working sporadically, so some may get one while others won't.

Quote: David Salisbury @ September 24 2013, 1:36 PM BST

Thanks, I feel reassured!
:D

Newsjack away, as someone on here used to say. I managed to write 3 pages so my one page submission should read like a greatest hits

Quote: Eoin Carney @ September 23 2013, 10:14 PM BST

Michael Sheen making a biopic about Benedict Cumberpatch making a biopic about Julian Assange.

I like the sound of this :)

My sketches were about Slutgate, Ed Miliband being implicated in the Damian McBride controversy and online exams.

I went with a risky one liner this week about the Kenya mall stand off. It wasn't offensive but I think even mentioning the event might not be very newsjack-y, but I figure if I can make a unjoke worthy event joke worthy I would have more chance of standing out