Newsjack - Series 9 Page 13

Congratulations to all that got something on last week or something recorded and cut.

This week I submitted three sketches;

- Ed Miliband entering X Factor to pay for some of his new policies
- A sketch about guns in Starbucks (that I don't think will be used in retrospect)
- A From The Archives sketch about the first driving test (the oldest driver in the country is 107 years old)

A page of one liners for me, I've decided not to write sketches this season, hopefully I can go one further this week.

I did a sexting poem (which I bet they get loads of) after Gove told teens to write love poems instead of sexting. And I did one about trying to make Ed Miliband popular, which on reading through it now, is complete bollocks. Hope they don't think "take you up the brown" is too dirty...but I think they will...on a brighter note, I formatted them correctly!

Three for me;
- What your Coffee says about you, says about you.
- Prisoners Smoking
- Understanding Godfrey Bloom

Quote: BenBroughton @ September 23 2013, 2:17 PM BST

Three for me;
- What your Coffee says about you, says about you.
- Prisoners Smoking
- Understanding Godfrey Bloom

I did a Bloom one too, and I've a one liner ready for prisoners smoking. Three sketches this time. Only one last week as the news didn't seem very sketchworthy.

I went with an obscure news story this week about the university that has been given £2m to study the interaction between chickens and humans.

Quote: Jeremy Dillon @ September 23 2013, 2:37 PM BST

I went with an obscure news story this week about the university that has been given £2m to study the interaction between chickens and humans.

Only £2m?

That's human feed.

Quote: sglen @ September 23 2013, 2:17 PM BST

I did a sexting poem (which I bet they get loads of) after Gove told teens to write love poems instead of sexting. And I did one about trying to make Ed Miliband popular, which on reading through it now, is complete bollocks. Hope they don't think "take you up the brown" is too dirty...but I think they will...on a brighter note, I formatted them correctly!

I did a sexting poems one as well. So um, best of luck Angry :D

And one on ghost patients for GPs (although so rushed I probably shouldn't have bothered).
And one on Iran and American "needing to talk".

Quote: AndyGilder @ September 23 2013, 2:45 PM BST

Only £2m?

That's human feed.

Plucked straight from the headlines...

Quote: David Salisbury @ September 23 2013, 7:31 PM BST

And one on ghost patients for GPs (although so rushed I probably shouldn't have bothered).

I rushed one of those, too! Mine involved Scooby Doo, so maybe better suited to The Now Show.

I sent 2 again this week, one about quiz show panellists and one about Harriet Harman's 'granny leave' manifesto (it was in the Independent on Saturday). Just tweaking one liners now... but they don't seem very funny... brain hurting a lot.

I re-listened to episode 1 this morning on the way to work, the snakes and ladders sketch is even funnier the second time round.

Good luck to everyone for this week.

Two sketches for me this week after skipping the first one:

Ed Miliband scared of catching the TeeBee Geebees

&

Michael Sheen making a biopic about Benedict Cumberpatch making a biopic about Julian Assange.

Quote: David Salisbury @ September 23 2013, 7:31 PM BST

I did a sexting poems one as well. So um, best of luck Angry :D

Don't you worry mine was written in an hour and probably too dirty.

I have a terrible feeling they'll get 500 sexting poems, though. It's a headline screaming to be sketched upon.

Three sketches submitted this week and some one liners,

Sketch stories were:
Human-chicken interactions study (how could anyone not have done this?!).
Putin looking like a dog.
Angry messages being reposted faster than happy ones.

None on last week so this week aiming for recorded and not broadcast. Reach for the stars! Good work to all that did get something on, very funny episode.

Going to recording Wednesday if there's anything specific people want me to listen out for?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 23 2013, 1:18 PM BST

It's faux pas

Yes it is. Shows how much sleep I got last night. I made a faux pas of fopa.