Status report Page 5,898

Congratulations. Always nice to hear good news.

Quote: Tuumble @ 16th February 2016, 10:34 PM GMT

I'm an infrequent poster on here these days but I thought I'd just let those who remember me know that I have just got engaged.

Very happy :)

I'm so pleased for you after all the hard times.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th February 2016, 11:32 PM GMT

Congratulations. :) I remember mine well - will have been married 50 years in three week's time. :O

You must have been a child bride, er, groom.

I'm an infrequent poster on here these days but I thought I'd just let those who remember me know that I have just got engaged.

Congrats, it's good to hear that your last experience didn't put you off it all together ;)

Congrats. Hope you're happy together.

"Great!"

"Super!"

All the best, Tuumble!

BLOODY PHEW!!

Every three years I have to have a DVLA driving licence eye test because of the glaucoma I have in my left eye and on each occasion it is heart in the mouth time, even though I know (and have been assured by the glaucoma clinic I attend every 6 months) that I should pass; BUT there is always that niggle doubt. For instance, this time the field of vision test, which is the one they base their findings on primarily, had to be carried out by looking straight forward and not being allowed to look left or right.

Who the hell drives by looking forward only I ask myself!?!

Anyway, I now have my licence again for three years. Thank F for that.

Went to see the doctor today because one of the twins is hurting for the last three days. He couldn't find anything so it's probably nothing serious. But it's still worrying me a bit.

I'm pushing forty so I suppose there will be more encounters with rubber gloves in future.

Hug

(That is one twin hugging the other one better.)

Laughing out loud

I have just had a heart stopping moment when I let my dog off the lead for the first time during a walk.

We were walking in a big field, along a public footpath and everything was just bloody lovely and when we got to the top, we turned around and headed back and that's when she decided to bolt it, all the way past two big fields, right onto a busy main road! I nearly threw up. Somehow she had managed to cross the road alive and shot off down the street, where I'd only just got to the main road myself to see her disappear.

I was out of breath from running and shouting at the top of my voice (think Fenton). I couldn't run any more so walked down the street in pursuit, seeing if she had slipped into a neighbours garden. Shouting her name to no avail and also figuring out to tell my fiancée how I'd lost her dog (eep!).

I get to my drive way and see the little bugger sat by the front door waiting for me, big "grin"on her face, tail wagging.

I have never walked that way, across the fields with her before, yet she managed to find her way home - I am so amazed by that, I can't even be annoyed at her for running off.

I was recording a video on the way up to show how good she was walking without a lead Rolling eyes

I've had the same worries before myself but they do sense their way home.

Yeah, just a shame she had to cross a busy road. Think I'll get her a retractable lead.

Well, that's out of the way.

Quote: DaButt @ 20th February 2016, 5:32 PM GMT

Well, that's out of the way.

I didn't know Danny was standing.

Cleared the furniture, stripped off the wallpaper, repaired the coving, cleaned off the worn cracked anti-ultra-violet film off the french window, put a layer of white paint on the greyed old ceiling.

My front room is now a blaze of light. :)