Status report Page 5,896

When I was coming in about a hour ago, I met someone from one of the other flats. I have since forgotten their name.... I can only hope I never see them again.

:D That's one of my flaws - I never forget a face, but someone can tell me their name and within a few seconds I have forgotten it, which can be very embarrassing sometimes. :$

I've just come home after taking part at my local in the World's Biggest pub Quiz.

My team came second - in my pub that is. And the prize? A bottle of Red Wine! There's me and 4 women in our team. So how much of the prize do you think I had?

Off tomorrow to yet another funeral. 4 in 4 months. I'm thinking of becoming a professional mourner.

Quote: keewik @ 7th February 2016, 10:38 PM GMT

Off tomorrow to yet another funeral. 4 in 4 months. I'm thinking of becoming a professional mourner.

That's one more than me over the same period and without wishing to sound like David Smith ( for those BCGers who remember his wild claims), I went to my brother's funeral last April. So that's 4 in 10 months.

The first 3 were 2 ex colleagues and one lad not even 50 who who was still working with me and got cancer. :(

Oh happy days!

PS bit of redress, I am 50 this year and have a chance of early retirement which I am seriously considering.

I've had a 28-year-old, 2 at 80+, and tomorrow's is a 70-year-old who was only diagnosed with advanced cancer a few weeks ago. Last time I spoke to him was less than 2 months ago when he seemed fine except for a problem with his legs - can't believe it.

My brother was 39
Ex colleagues 56 and 73
Colleague 45

I think I'm going to take early retirement as you never know the minute.

Commiserations our will xam

But how on earth do you retire at 50 these days?

Cheers Sootyj. We didn't get on. He was the black sheep of the family.

I'll let you know how I retire, if it comes off.

PS can you drive a fast car while wearing a Ronald Reagan mask?

AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! I hate driving tests!

Teary

Did a bad thing happen?

Yes, I failed again. :(

Aww. :(

:D

Tip: Don't learn to drive in your thirties and beyond.

Shame Lee
I did mine at 26 and failed so many times that I wasn't even pleased when I passed.
It's mostly luck so resign yourself to that & take nerves out of the equation

Have you ever thought of doing a motorbike test
Just so I can call you Leevil Knievel, no other reason