Status report Page 5,897

I wasn't even nervous this time though, I was very focused. I just slipped up for a moment and if there hadn't have been someone stood at the side of the road, it wouldn't have failed me.

It's frustrating because a lot of time and money goes into doing these tests and to throw it all away from a little mistake is awful.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th February 2016, 5:39 PM GMT

Have you ever thought of doing a motorbike test
Just so I can call you Leevil Knievel, no other reason

:D

Better luck next time, Lee!

Third time's a charm and all that shiz.

There was some woman on Car Crash Britain during the week who had something like 400 odd lesson, which had so far cost her £7,000 and all the local driving schools would no longer take her on.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th February 2016, 5:39 PM GMT

Shame Lee
I did mine at 26 and failed so many times that I wasn't even pleased when I passed.
It's mostly luck so resign yourself to that & take nerves out of the equation

Have you ever thought of doing a motorbike test
Just so I can call you Leevil Knievel, no other reason

He would be able to drive a Reliant Robin.

Quote: zooo @ 11th February 2016, 6:58 PM GMT

Third time's a charm and all that shiz.

It'll be my fourth :$

Oops. Er.
Fourth time lucky! As that famous saying goes.

Isn't the saying, number 5 now you can drive?

6th time trying you're qualifying?

Quote: Lee @ 11th February 2016, 4:45 PM GMT

Yes, I failed again. :(

Sorry to hear that Lee. Despite passing first time (after having a total of eighty-nine lessons) I passed first time. Although I owned and drove a splendid red N-Reg Nissan Micra for a number of years, I soon developed 'the fear' and haven't driven since 2001.

I don't drive. I tend to flinch when a leaf blows across the road, thinking it's a rabbit or something. And if I catch a glance of a cat in a garden I shriek WATCH OUT FOR THE CAT and scare the driver to death.
I am not meant to drive. (Probably shouldn't be a passenger either.)

Quote: zooo @ 12th February 2016, 10:38 AM GMT

I don't drive. I tend to flinch when a leaf blows across the road, thinking it's a rabbit or something. And if I catch a glance of a cat in a garden I shriek WATCH OUT FOR THE CAT and scare the driver to death.
I am not meant to drive. (Probably shouldn't be a passenger either.)

I get like that - people around these parts are so aggressive that it's almost impossible to cope. The concept of being bombarded by too much visual stimulus freaks me out too.

When you do learn to drive and get a car you might be having the pleasure I'm having today.

Sitting in a garage waiting room waiting for the mechanic to fit new calipers, hose pipes and brake pads because you went down a pot hole (caused by the floods) and wrecked them.

And a lovely big bill in about an hour.

Well, I love driving. Passed my test (fourth attempt Lee) in 1968. HOWEVER - I got a new car a few weeks ago and it's scaring the shit out of me. It's the updated version of my last one so I thought life would be easy, BUT, since 10 years have passed since I got the other one, life has progressed and technology has taken over the car. I swear it's possessed by an alien trying to drive me insane, because it does things on its own - like turning on lights without me wanting it to. The other day the windscreen wipers began working spontaneously because a few spots of rain had started. Today's venture is unexpected noises to attract my attention and about 300 lights coming on to tell me I need petrol, despite the fact it says I can do another 15 miles. This is my seventh car and I've never read a car manual in my life but I have actually read the first 100 pages of this one (before giving up in despair). It has not so far offered to clean my teeth or make the dinner.

I'm an infrequent poster on here these days but I thought I'd just let those who remember me know that I have just got engaged.

Very happy :)

Congratulations. :) I remember mine well - will have been married 50 years in three week's time. :O