Status report Page 5,150

Fell off the wagon last night, first time in years. Quite enjoyed it though :$

Quote: Pingl @ June 27 2013, 8:49 PM BST

Fell off the wagon last night, first time in years. Quite enjoyed it though :$

I'm always too pissed to get on the f**kin' thing !

My Lotus Elan, known here as my robot 'wife' because she consumes all my money and frequently wants a new coat, has at last after a 3 year rest, been rejuvenated, insured, MOTed and licenced to go on the road again.

Now I've also succeeded in tuning her engine right.

So if you want to experience to joy of ...
ensure your computer sound is working and turn up the volume and watch this eight minute video on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOOuUKQrmbE

:) :)

Quote: Lee @ June 27 2013, 8:41 PM BST

What are you on call for? Are you Fireman Ben? Doctor Ben? Bartender Ben? Baker Ben? Candlestick Ben? Ben Ben?

No, I just work in a service department. My on call simply involves passing calls onto engineers. I get to work from bed!

I didn't go for my run earlier. I felt a bit down about several things and wasn't in the mood. :(

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 27 2013, 9:09 PM BST

I'm always too pissed to get on the f**kin' thing !

As the old saying goes, I'm back baby!

Quote: Pingl @ June 28 2013, 11:56 AM BST

I'm back baby!

From being pissed or from sobriety?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ June 28 2013, 12:04 PM BST

From being pissed or from sobriety?

From sobriety Whistling nnocently

Quote: billwill @ June 27 2013, 10:28 PM BST

My Lotus Elan, known here as my robot 'wife' because she consumes all my money and frequently wants a new coat, has at last after a 3 year rest, been rejuvenated, insured, MOTed and licenced to go on the road again.

Now I've also succeeded in tuning her engine right.

So if you want to experience to joy of ...
ensure your computer sound is working and turn up the volume and watch this eight minute video on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOOuUKQrmbE

:) :)

I like the van you follow at the start. It's like Billwill PI.

Ben is drinking wine. Several years ago this would have been the norm for a Friday night, but for the last few years it's been more of a rarity.

Quote: chipolata @ June 28 2013, 9:05 PM BST

I like the van you follow at the start. It's like Billwill PI.

Pesky thing go in the way..

Ben is off to the kitchen to slam some smoked ham in between two bits of bread. There will, of course, also be onion relish and mustard in the mix. Oh and some margarine.

The margarine is a mistake Ben. A terrible and never to be forgotten mistake.

This is a dark day indeed.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Vitalite.

"Wake up in the morning, wanting some breakfast. I got nothing to spread on my toast. Ooooohh ooooohh, Vi-ta-lite."

I agree in principle. But with mustard AND onion relish? Madness, I tell you. Madness.

My ears are alight