What are you eating? Page 701

Stew it with brown sugar, a little water and a bit of fresh ginger.
Not too long as you want to retain a little structure
Good with yoghurt, or a dash of cream, on porridge, custard (of course).
Best of all - for me - in a crumble.

Agree with Lazzard, lovely stewed down with just a bit of sugar then a dollop of custard or over yogurt to make a fool.

Love rhubarb and custard hot or cold - one of those comfort foods for me. :)

Definitely rhubarb crumble. Or rhubarb and apple pie. Needs a ton of sugar though (well I do, at least).

Mmmmm rhubarb!

Rhubarb tarte tatin is pretty special, too.

God, I'm hungry...

Quote: Lazzard @ 11th September 2014, 12:51 PM BST

Rhubarb tarte tatin is pretty special, too.

God, I'm hungry...

Here we are salivating over good honest British comfort food in the form of rhubarb and someone has to include some frog in it, >_< oh dear............ :P

I had linguini and meatballs at a pub earlier and very tasty stuff it was too. My Dad can't have gluten though and their menu and service was pretty awful in that respect. He ended up just having a coffee.

He should have complained that the service at the House of Lords is 10 times better.
Rhubarb is amazing, when it's cooked to the completely jelly like structure, but some how it's still got that rhubarb shape.

Helped win world war 2 as one of the only reliable sources of vitamin C in the UK

I've always shied away from rhubarb.

I had a white sweet potato t'other day. Only ever had the orange ones previously. The white ones are supposed to be sweeter, but if there was a difference it was very slight.

The leaves make stunning hats.

I had a stuffed burrito thing at Taco Bell today and it was great for a fast food outlet. There's only four of them in the UK and this is truly a tragedy.

which one, I like the colourfulness, the squeezy cheese and the jokes on the sauce packs

otherwise not good

Quote: sootyj @ 12th September 2014, 9:50 PM BST

the squeezy cheese and the jokes on the sauce packs

I didn't see either of these things. I can't remember exactly what I had, but it was slow cooked pork and about a million other things.

Are you sure it was Taco Bell when I was there last it was beef and chicken and you couldn't miss the piles of dayglo coloured hot sauce packs.