What are you eating? Page 703

Quote: Ben @ 18th September 2014, 10:29 PM BST

I've never made a scooped out jacket potato thing before, but have been served corn beef or tuna ones about a million times. This Delia version sounds like a welcome change.

They're called Potato Skins and I always think they look nice but I'm always disappointed. But then again, I'm not very keen on potatoes (unless they're deep fried, sweet, mashed, roasted, etc...)

Had a chicken burger/roll for tea. Mayo, chicken, spinach, tomato, tasty cheese, cucumber and onion.
Not nearly as nice as the one I buy from a burger place with chicken,brie, herb mayo and cranberry sauce but a lot cheaper.

I made this thing ealier which I saw Gino D'Campo whipping up on telly last week. You get chicken thighs and drumsticks, fry them for a bit and then stick in some white wine and chicken stock for an hour. At the end you sling in a generous glug of balsamic vinegar. Served some stir fried asparagus and tomatoes on the side. Very tasty.

Ham salad.

I could really do with a Chocolate Orange right now.

Just had an Asda vegetable jalfrezi = curried cauliflower!

Sick

Sausage sandwich with Branston's brown sauce.

Scrummy, but you'll get fat :O

Honey roasted peanuts and cashews.
Pretty much the yummiest thing ever.

*update*

Eaten too many.
Feel sick.
Sick

Pukka minced beef and onion pie, mash and baked beans - I look forward to Tuesdays. :)

Quote: zooo @ 7th October 2014, 6:30 PM BST

*update*

Eaten too many.
Feel sick.
Sick

That's pretty much what I do every time. I'll never learn Rolling eyes

I've had porridge every morning for the past three years.
And I can honestly say I never tire of it, or want a change.
Couldn't say that about much else.
Odd.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th October 2014, 11:00 AM BST

I've had porridge every morning for the past three years.
And I can honestly say I never tire of it, or want a change.
Couldn't say that about much else.
Odd.

I love the programme Porridge but I've never been able to eat porridge. And generally I'm an unfussy eater.

This matter was tackled head on at a Highland Games in Nairn in 1973. Donald E Campbell, a not insignificant tosser of the caber in that era, personally advised me that only porridge led to a happy and successful life.

The problem, in his opinion, was I had never experienced it done in the "proper Scottish way". So I did the following morning in a B and B next to the Culloden Battlefield. The woman got up especially at 5am to make it. But I still couldn't eat it and the fallout was so spectacular I've never set foot north of the border since.

The jocks are ludicrously proprietorial about porridge.
Plus they bang on about having it with salt and no milk, and how it has to take ages to make with a 'special' spoon.
Get over yourselves.