What are you eating? Page 704

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th October 2014, 12:03 PM BST

The jocks are ludicrously proprietorial about porridge.
Plus they bang on about having it with salt and no milk, and how it has to take ages to make with a 'special' spoon.
Get over yourselves.

:D

That was it exactly. I think there was something about butter and possibly also eggs. It was definitely a matter of pride for her and it was all really awkward. I have stomached meals in the past that made me feel ill so as not to upset the host but it's obviously one of the few edibles that are beyond me for some reason.

:D Just looking at the active threads:-

"What are you eating? A Horseradish"

Och Aye Laddie theys nae woozie fud here in the North, the noo.

I can't stomach porridge, nor can anybody else in our wee family. It's not the taste - it's the horrible sliminess of it.

Quote: keewik @ 8th October 2014, 4:40 PM BST

I can't stomach porridge, nor can anybody else in our wee family. It's not the taste - it's the horrible sliminess of it.

Aren't you in the southern parts though?

It's definitely more porridgey in the north. :)

I like oat bran, which is a nicer way to eat porridge and, by its very nature, I think there is more fibre in it. :) Hoots.

A Mr Kipling Apple and Blackberry Pie.

Quote: zooo @ 8th October 2014, 5:12 PM BST

Wallpaper paste can't do this.

Living near Sizewell B does.

Love a bit of chicken casserole.

Might make some burgers this weekend...

Quote: A Horseradish @ 8th October 2014, 4:47 PM BST

Aren't you in the southern parts though?

It's definitely more porridgey in the north. :)

No, as far as I know, it's universal. My parents loved the stuff and a lot of my friends eat it. Sick

Had roast partridge earlier. Was pretty nice. Had that gamey taste that I struggle to describe and a texture similar to chicken.

Quote: Ben @ 13th October 2014, 8:38 PM BST

Had roast partridge earlier. Was pretty nice. Had that gamey taste that I struggle to describe and a texture similar to chicken.

Having looked at the posts above, I initially read that as roast porridge.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th October 2014, 4:53 PM BST

I like oat bran, which is a nicer way to eat porridge and, by its very nature, I think there is more fibre in it. :) Hoots.

And it gives you nice satisfying shits