The Sitcom Mission 2014 Page 16

Quote: Marc P @ 8th May 2014, 8:31 AM BST

You have got five women on the list so clearly this isn't about comedy anymore! Good luck to those through!
:)

BTW I am almost entirely sure this is an ironic comment on the traditional 'women aren't as funny as men' story that appears every couple of months, before everyone gets their backs up.

The discussion board is a funny medium...

Congrats to the shortlisters!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 8th May 2014, 1:14 PM BST

BTW I am almost entirely sure this is an ironic comment on the traditional 'women aren't as funny as men' story that appears every couple of months, before everyone gets their backs up.

Dan mrs

you go girlfriend

Dan [transgendered still making his/her mind up]

Well, I'm glad you cleared that up...

Dan

Quote: woodsy @ 8th May 2014, 1:12 PM BST

Thats great advice and I will keep writing. I do have one script in development at the moment and that has taught me harsh lessons on re-writing as im on my sixth draft. I did order feedback so really looking forward to that and hopefully get to hear or see the finalists scripts if they come up. :D

Use the feedback but don't live by it. The person giving the feedback's opinion isn't always right. If you believe in it then keep going

Quote: swerytd @ 8th May 2014, 1:19 PM BST

Dan

:D

Quote: swerytd @ 8th May 2014, 1:19 PM BST

Dan

Sootyj gender reassignment surgeries are reccommended by Richard and Judy

We've got some balls, yours in a jar.

Quote: JSmash @ 8th May 2014, 1:29 PM BST

Use the feedback but don't live by it. The person giving the feedback's opinion isn't always right. If you believe in it then keep going

But don't go in with the attitude that the criticism is wrong.

Default position is that the feedback is right, particularly if that person is more experienced than you.

Of course, if after careful consideration you decide you don't agree with it then fair enough.

But always have an open mind.

Quote: Jennie @ 8th May 2014, 2:03 PM BST

Default position is that the feedback is right, particularly if that person is more experienced than you.

Of course, if after careful consideration you decide you don't agree with it then fair enough.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/64/

Quote: Jennie @ 8th May 2014, 2:03 PM BST

That's terrible advice and so badly written.

Quote: Declan @ 8th May 2014, 2:07 PM BST

That says it much better!

Quote: sootyj @ 8th May 2014, 2:08 PM BST

That's terrible advice and so badly written.

Well f**k you, Sootyj :P

Quote: Declan @ 8th May 2014, 2:07 PM BST

That is an interesting blog about feedback. I mean usually for me 9/10 times the feedback I've recieved in the past was right in most ways as it was small things or something that didnt make sense. I thibk thrres no point asking for feedback if you're not going to use it, however I think the real skill is knowing how to apply it. As everyone is different and will probably have different opinions. Sorry about some spelling trying to type on your phone on a bus isnt probably tje best way to write a post ina forum

Quote: Jennie @ 8th May 2014, 2:12 PM BST

That says it much better!

Well f**k you, Sootyj :P

is that a chat up line

Yup, that blog is spot on. Usually the identification that some particular thing doesn't work is the most helpful part of any crit - it forces you to jump sideways instead of carrying on lumbering up a blind alley. Of course, if you're me, you then immediately start lumbering up another blind alley... but at least it's a different blind alley with really rather far out wallpaper and frankly treacherous underfoot.

Congratulations and best wishes to those shortlisted. Maybe it is time for me to give up on my dreams. I've had rejection letters going back to my early twenties (1980's) and I gave it one final shot with four entries this time. Like sport I think it's a young persons game and maybe I have to concede my material was just not good enough. They can't all be wrong (ie script editors/judges), can they? Good luck to all of you in your ventures - give it your best. I thank this site for promoting and encouraging new writing material; without it there is not a great deal out there. Best wishes to all.Then again, I might just try submitting something next year. He he.

Quote: smudger @ 9th May 2014, 8:53 PM BST

Congratulations and best wishes to those shortlisted. Maybe it is time for me to give up on my dreams. I've had rejection letters going back to my early twenties (1980's) and I gave it one final shot with four entries this time. Like sport I think it's a young persons game and maybe I have to concede my material was just not good enough. They can't all be wrong (ie script editors/judges), can they? Good luck to all of you in your ventures - give it your best. I thank this site for promoting and encouraging new writing material; without it there is not a great deal out there. Best wishes to all.Then again, I might just try submitting something next year. He he.

Behave, power is not truth, otherwise the world wouldn't be as f**ked up as it is.