The Sitcom Mission 2014 Page 18

Sorry if you've mentioned this already, but how many entrants did you have this year?

Quote: Alan O'Brien @ 14th May 2014, 2:55 PM BST

Well played, Smudger - good stuff :-)

By the way, does silver feedback entail any more notes after the comp if you finish outside the 32, or is it just that first set prior to the deadline?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

Silver entry was designed so that writers would get feedback before the deadline, so that they could submit a rewrite. This means that there won't be any more feedback after the deadline's passed.

Quote: Katastrofee74 @ 15th May 2014, 9:42 AM BST

Sorry if you've mentioned this already, but how many entrants did you have this year?

Just under 200.

When will the feedback be sent out? I didn't make the top 32 but I'd like to know where I went wrong. Hurry up and slag me off!

Out of interest, how many of the final 10 paid £10?

When can we expect our paid feedback? Thanks

If you want paid feedback, a freelancer will do it almost straightaway. Do you have to enter the competition to get feedback?

Hi guys

Really sorry for the lack of progress and communication. No excuses and we're sorry we've been lax here.

Out of the long list, 1 took Gold entry, 1 took Silver entry, 2 took Bronze entry, 1 took Regular, 3 came from our Level 2 class and 2 from our Level 1 class.

We're completing and sending out feedback as we speak. Next year, we shall take the month of April off completely.

A number of people have asked for post-competition feedback. We'll open this facility up as soon as we've sent the Bronze and Commended list feedback out. If you'd like to register your interest for this, please email us at info@sitcommission.com

Cheers all, thanks for your patience.

Declan

We've started sending out feedback and inevitably it isn't all going to be positive. What matters is what you do with it. Do you act on it? Ignore it? Feel so deflated by it that you give up entirely?

On the South Bank Show John Lloyd said the following:

John Lloyd All that it takes to do stuff well is persistence. That's what I think.

Melvyn Bragg And talent?

John Lloyd Talent? I think everyone's got talent...

Melvyn Bragg Really?

John Lloyd ... If they can only find it. There is one reason why great work happens and that is effort. It is
persistence and effort and not giving up.

Looking forward to Sisyphus's sitcom.

Quote: simon wright @ 23rd May 2014, 5:10 PM BST

We've started sending out feedback and inevitably it isn't all going to be positive. What matters is what you do with it. Do you act on it? Ignore it? Feel so deflated by it that you give up entirely?

On the South Bank Show John Lloyd said the following:

John Lloyd All that it takes to do stuff well is persistence. That's what I think.

Melvyn Bragg And talent?

John Lloyd Talent? I think everyone's got talent...

Melvyn Bragg Really?

John Lloyd ... If they can only find it. There is one reason why great work happens and that is effort. It is
persistence and effort and not giving up.

Google his comments on the new south Bank show as well mind. He's not wrong there.

Why are they rehearsed read throughs now? I used to rather enjoy going to watch the productions at Leicester Square theatre, but don't think I'd be keen on watching a read through.

Quote: Ben @ 24th May 2014, 11:08 PM BST

Why are they rehearsed read throughs now? I used to rather enjoy going to watch the productions at Leicester Square theatre, but don't think I'd be keen on watching a read through.

Hi Ben

Putting the productions on (at the New Diorama Theatre) was very expensive and time consuming. It's a writing competition and to be fair to the writers we want scripts to be judged on the writing rather than which actors or directors were involved.

Rehearsed readings are industry standard and are a more valuable use of our resources. We had good feedback from the industry representatives that attended last year, so it's definitely the process for this year too.

Readings are best if rehearsed. Movement with them can work well too, even if not staged as such. Good to get actors on their feet.

Quote: Marc P @ 25th May 2014, 11:36 AM BST

Readings are best if rehearsed. Movement with them can work well too, even if not staged as such. Good to get actors on their feet.

Lazy bastards are normally on their backs.

Hi,
Just wanted to weigh in with my two cents.
Signed up for Bronze feedback, and found it really useful. Clear and to the point. So much of it is stuff I've read a hundred times, but had trained myself to ignore. Needed to be pointed out to me though. Even if I only improve on one piece of feedback, I'll have written a better sitcom - that's a really good carrot/stick.
Best of luck to the finalists :-)