Badults - Series 1 Page 6

Or indeed on here.

I still say the problem with this is that the performers don't seem particularly funny.

There is a massive difference between writing a funny line and being able to deliver that line with character and timing.

It's all very shouty shouty and lacks a lot of subtlety.

I even think that if you split them, and had just one protagonist it would be better, as having three of them seems like a waste of air.

Having two would make it a CBBC Bottom, which might work.

I watched the first 2 episodes and think there's no distinction between characters at all. Weak jokes. Poor performances and storylines that don't interest me, apart from all that it's great! Don't think I'll be watching again.

Well after watching episode 2, I think it's fair to say, this show isn't for me.

It doesn't put me off the boys, and certainly wouldn't hesitate to see them live, but not enjoying them in this particular vehicle.

Quote: blahblah @ July 31 2013, 3:12 AM BST

Weak jokes.

I didn't enjoy enough of the first episode to want to tune in last night, but in channel-hopping I stumbled on it again, where stick-insect owner enthuses about how much he has in common with his pets, before slumping back to camouflage himself on the sofa. That struck me as theoretically an interesting and original gag, although it didn't actually work on me because it was let down by his ineffective costume. This is my overall feeling to the show, that it has something really quite interesting to it, but it's not managing to get that across to me.

So I decided to give it another look, and began to like bits of it, like the whole secret ingredient thing. Not sure why they thought it's still funny to bash Coldplay though, isn't there something more contemporary to malign?

Please BBC, just repeat We Are Klang from 2009. Or release the DVD. Sad to to see Jack from Absolutley in this. To many my age - 35 - he was a bit of a comedy hero to me in my early teens in the early 90s, and his stuff was way funnier than this. Just because something is billed as wacky or new does not mean it's funny. Usually very patchy with odd great bits that don't fit in with the whole show. Now off my soapbox.

Quote: alienep @ July 30 2013, 11:36 PM BST

I still say the problem with this is that the performers don't seem particularly funny.

There is a massive difference between writing a funny line and being able to deliver that line with character and timing.

It's all very shouty shouty and lacks a lot of subtlety.

I even think that if you split them, and had just one protagonist it would be better, as having three of them seems like a waste of air.

Agreed.

The tall, bald bloke just reminds me of a much less amusing version of Greg Davies.

I don't think the writing is very good at all, there's the odd amusing/clever gag but just not enough. Add to that the actors not able to add much to the script then it's struggling for me.

After last week's tragedy, I didn't even bother with episode two. This has to be one of if the not the worst sitcom ever made. I really don't know how the BBC came to give it a full series!

Quote: G180e @ July 31 2013, 3:58 PM BST

After last week's tragedy, I didn't even bother with episode two. This has to be one of if the not the worst sitcom ever made. I really don't know how the BBC came to give it a full series!

Harsh judgement after a single episode! There was quite a bit to enjoy in episode 2.

I'm liking it, but not loving it. There have been some really good gags in both episodes. The Young Ones influence is clearly there with the inanimate objects talking. But it's a bit messy and shouty. And the timing of some of the punch lines isn't great. Also, as was mentioned more than once already, the characters are way too much alike. Whereas in the aforementioned Young Ones the characters couldn't possibly be more different from each other (and from everyone else on the planet).

Ok maybe my last comment was a tad harsh... but the sentiment remains. Can anyone that says that they're liking it and saying "A few jokes were good" explain exactly which jokes were good? I did not laugh a single time throughout the first episode.

This week's was better I felt, but it was still pretty poor. I laughed at the two Coldplay music jokes (that might say may about me though).

For some reason it's strangely compelling watching, though. IDK why.

Did they use the term "insectology" because they believe the average BBC Three viewer to be so dumb, he doesn't know what entomology is? Or are the writers morons themselves?

Quote: Agnostik @ August 3 2013, 4:35 PM BST

Did they use the term "insectology" because they believe the average BBC Three viewer to be so dumb, he doesn't know what entomology is? Or are the writers morons themselves?

This wasn't in the 3 minutes of the first episode that I survived, so can't say for certain, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it might have been a joke?