Badults - Series 1 Page 8

Oh me oh my, told his mum a lot of lies about his career to impress her, online dating with diff pic, a farce of avoidance and counter avoidance - it looked like an episode of Frasier put on by a local hammy am dram soc who have some wacky ideas themselves.

Still say the major problem with this is it lacks any semblance of subtlety, so the outlandish has nothing to work off.

I quite liked the latest episode, it felt like a spoof of the classic farce, like a Frasier plot taken to the limit of absurdity.

Pretty good tonight.

This is the exact opposite of Arthur Strong for me - started off flawed, but charming in a way, but by last night's awful effort had amplified all the elements I didn't like to such an extent that I don't think I'll bother watching the last 2.

This is both the exact opposite of Count Arthur Strong - and the opposite of gappy.

Episode 4 was very, very funny.

Watched this for the first time last night. Very much a Young Ones for the 2010s.

I do like the mum of one the characters though. Seen her in loads of things over the years and she is one of my guilty pleasures. A great comedy actress.

Quote: Aaron @ August 14 2013, 6:00 PM BST

This is both the exact opposite of Count Arthur Strong - and the opposite of gappy.

Episode 4 was very, very funny.

If you say so. I found that episode agonising.

Exactly how I found pretty much the entire series, but particularly the later episodes, of Count Arthur Strong. :)

Trying to stay with Badults until end of series. I like some of it and hate some of it. I hope it is given a second series and finds out exactly what it wants to be.

P.S. Dump the sister.

Quote: OTTY @ August 16 2013, 12:36 PM BST

P.S. Dump the sister.

Nooo!

I just fast forward to the Jack Docherty bits. Still effortlessly funny and handsome.

Aw, I used to fancy him in the days of Absolutely. And his chat show.

Can I just say - the Emperor is completely stark naked?

hmmm, you have to give them credit for the enthusiasm, but the rehashing of familiar tropes is rather annoying. Reminded of the Boosh tonight, but were as with the Boosh the vision was strong and fully realised, the dream type stuff in this does seem rather laboured and half baked.

Still though, as I say, you gotta give them some credit.

Felt it went back towards the poor quality of episode one after last week's good episode.