Badults - Series 1

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/badults/interview/pappys/

Anyone watching this tomorrow?

Might give it a look!

I caught the trailer and it looked pretty decent and something I might like, so I'll definitely give it a try.

Quote: Edwin @ July 23 2013, 9:06 AM BST

I caught the trailer and it looked pretty decent and something I might like, so I'll definitely give it a try.

:|

Really?

This makes The Wright Way look like The Office.

Absolute pile of awfulness - who looked at this script and said 'yes, this is going to be great!' - someone needs to arrest the writers because they have clearly held someone at gun point to make this show happen.

It's that bad it makes me question the very notion of comedy and entertainment itself and if we should just abandon all forms of televised comedy and give the time and money to a goat, who would no doubt use it more effectively and with more respect to the people.

It's a sketch show trapped in a sitcom. And it's terrible at being either.

I'd quite like to see some of Pappy's actual stuff to tell if this is their level or if it's just a bit of an ebb.

But yeah. jaysus. that was poor.

I must say that I hated it and I actually can't believe it got a series commission! Very poor indeed.

Four years in development and no one thought this was a pile of shit?!

Just horrific. Some of the most lazy gags I've ever seen in a sitcom and the acting is just appalling.

I've seen Pappy's live (sadly not before they kicked out Brendon) and laughed like a drain then, but this was a car crash (but I will admit to smirking at one joke "That's all gravy.").

Candidate for the worst sitcom of 2013 right there, truly awful.

They should've spent their money on a second series of We Are Klang (why can't I buy the first on DVD... dear BBC...).

It was boring,awful and dreadful to watch. Why make programmes like this? Spend money on something else that the public like to watch.

It was like a weak version of We Are Klang series from 2009. I wish BBC Three would repeat that. I've never touched a woman's penis before. Have you been looking at my copy of Pam's Javelin, Marek? Silly but cult classic.

Awful. A new, dumbed-down low for BBC Three.

The writing is embarrassingly bad. The jokes are embarrassingly unoriginal and about as telegraphed as an oil tanker.

I feel bad for slagging off We Are Klang now. It was genius compared to this.

Hmm. Having worked hard on this show, which went down a storm with the studio audiences, it's been dispiriting to read some of the negative comments (not just here). Clearly, we stand by it. You have to have the courage of your convictions, and I showed all six episodes to my family, who really liked it. I wasn't in the edit, but I was knocked out by the energy of it when I saw the finished article.

However, in glorious retrospect, I'm not sure this episode was the best one to air first. It didn't explain who Rachel was, nor did it have Jack Docherty in it, who brings something special to the other five episodes. I guess it was the Les Miz angle that clinched it for whoever made the final decision, but next week's episode, Food, always felt like a much stronger opener.

I realise this sounds like excuses. I'm just having my say, as we are among comedy fans here, and I regard the BCG as a "safe place." But in the "snap judgement" world of social media and internet forums, nobody gives you a second chance. It would be a shame if people damned it on the strength of this ep. (I read a review in Time Out, I think, or the Scotsman, where they couldn't work out what Rachel was doing with these three idiots. Well, she's Matthew's sister. But that's not explained in this ep.)

The fate of the show is in your hands. Use your vote wisely!

It looks like I'm going to write the most positive thing here, but it's still only that I didn't think it was utterly without merit. I agree with all the previous dissenters, it was a bit too sketch-showy, we've seen this sort of thing done better before, and TBH I didn't really like it; but having said that, I think that as puerile nonsense goes, it had a certain touch of quality about it. I mean, yes the jokes were all stupid and annoying, but they somehow felt like they almost worked, and it kept up a decent pace of gags (none of which I liked). Interesting to hear that the studio audience liked it, maybe it just hasn't transferred well enough on to the small screen? It felt like perhaps there was a better show inside it, trying to get out.