Heading Out Page 5

It's trying to do too much.

Some of it is really lovely, then something comes along and crashes in to it.

What's all the French stuff a parody of?

Tried to like this, I like Sue Perkins, but found myself getting bored. It had a glowing review in the Observer, but there we go. I may rewatch and give another go

Quote: Kidda @ March 12 2013, 10:26 PM GMT

It's trying to do too much.

Some of it is really lovely, then something comes along and crashes in to it.

What's all the French stuff a parody of?

Old French black and white art films.

I've really been enjoying this. Ok so some of it is clunky but it still makes me laugh. Plus she did a parody of Sherlock.

Quote: Pingl @ March 12 2013, 11:02 PM GMT

Tried to like this, I like Sue Perkins, but found myself getting bored. It had a glowing review in the Observer, but there we go. I may rewatch and give another go

But not in the Graun.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/mar/13/masterchef-heading-out-tv-review1

The jokes are stale, the punchlines are awkwardly delivered, as if the actors are deservedly ashamed, the tropes are two decades old (a therapist with made-up qualifications and a drum? Why stop there? Where's the critical mother who wants to be a grandmother, what about a nice lady vicar who likes a drink, we could use a spoilt Sloane Ranger here, if anyone's got a moment, SOMEONE CALL FRENCH AND SAUNDERS. Ask them if they've got any ideas left over from 1987). It's so stale, I think even Dale would notice.

Quote: Tokyo Nambu @ March 13 2013, 11:03 AM GMT

But not in the Graun.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/mar/13/masterchef-heading-out-tv-review1

I must say that sounds more like the show I watched, and remarkably for the Guardian spelling was correct.

This show is so awful I might have to keep watching it to see how bad it can get. And I'm only up to ep 2 so far.

The same as me, it's had an odd effect on me - instead of avoiding it I'm avidly watching every one because the endless stream of tropes and cliches, the mad structure and blatant comedy scene copies/tributes is fascinating me in an anoraky, quizzy kind of way.

Have to say it's not the dullest sitcom around at all, it's almost like a mad compendium of modernish comedy scenes thrown together by some trendy young mash up artist. And I can't help but like the fact that mid 40s Sue is considering herself young and trendy enough to do it. It's like a mid life crisis breaking out in sitcom form. :S Huh? Errr :D Eh? >_< :| Teary :) :( :O :D

"Ruth" is the best thing about this.

Quote: Aaron @ March 12 2013, 10:22 PM GMT

Bits of Heading Out would make a wonderful studio audience sitcom. It's a massive, massive shame they decided to record it 'natural' style as it just clashes and jars.

I agree Aaron. In its current format it's pretty awful I think! Errr

I note it's still on. Is anyone actually watching it?

Yep.

I watched the first ep and wasn't impressed. Not watched the last couple but as there was bugger all else on tonight I tried again. A great improvement. Dot and Dawn were good.

I want to live in their house, please.

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2013, 10:22 PM GMT

Yep.

This.