What are you watching on TV? Page 2,078

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th March 2016, 9:37 AM GMT

ITV

Utter load of f**king bollocks.

Yep

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th March 2016, 9:37 AM GMT

Not watching I hasten to add, just cannot understand why ITV have given "You're Back in the Room" another series, of which I have seen the promo clips.

It would be bad enough at any time, but prime time Saturday night?!

Utter load of f**king bollocks.

I've never seen it but think the whole idea is totally immoral as "Entertainment" - but then it is on ITV.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th March 2016, 9:56 AM GMT

Steve Backshall's Extreme Mountain Challenge

Must be f**king mad! Virtual free climbing a Venezuelan Tepui......................

.......rising from around 1,600 metres (5,200 ft) to a maximum of 2,450 m (8,040 ft) AND having to make base FOUR base camps on the sheer sides by sleeping on ledges or cradles pitched to the vertical mountain sides. Sheer insanity.
My nuts were shrinking into my abdomen and I was having to stop myself from sliding off the settee as they peered over the side, looking down from where they had come.

Two things spring to mind.

They said this is the first time he had done this, but I distinctly remember him doing the exact same a couple of years ago in South America, and secondly if you want to know what is on the top of these lost worlds, then why not go up in a helicopter - far quicker and less life threatening.

I really don't know why they risk all for this, but then it does make for riveting TV. First episode here...........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b073h9h8/steve-backshalls-extreme-mountain-challenge-episode-1

........and there's a second one next week.

Watched the second one and again, they must be f**king insane. Standing on a narrow ledge 3,000 feet up as though waiting at a bus stop. Mind boggling.
Anyway, they finally had to admit defeat when the main front climber fell 50 feet and injured himself, so they took a helicopter (they must have listened to me Laughing out loud) and explored the larger one that has the highest water fall in the world - the Angel Falls. A..........mazing.

It looks so weird (at least from that angle) that nature could have made something so neatly cube-like.

They did find some caves on/in the large Tapui and found that the water is dissolving the sandstone to dust and what with various forces of nature this causes these unique flat topped mountains.

Happy Valley - although I'm a week behind at the moment.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Well a couple of hours ago I watched the Eggheads beaten by a team of - um - Eggheads. 5 women with Alopecia won a load of money as they haven't been beaten(!) for ages.

The question about Stanley Baldwin seemed to go over their heads but they laughed at the Bald Eagle question which Jeremy Vine said was just random.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th March 2016, 7:48 PM GMT

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Well a couple of hours ago I watched the Eggheads beaten by a team of - um - Eggheads. 5 women with Alopecia won a load of money as they haven't been beaten(!) for ages.

The question about Stanley Baldwin seemed to go over their heads but they laughed at the Bald Eagle question which Jeremy Vine said was just random.

My son's crazy about Eggheads at the moment, but I thought that the literal use of the constestants being folically challenged was pretty amusing though :)

Do you know, Stanley Baldwin's daughter-in-law used to harrass my family by telephone until I shouted at her to cease and desist?

A couple of them were quite attractive though.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 18th March 2016, 2:34 PM GMT

My son's crazy about Eggheads at the moment, but I thought that the literal use of the constestants being folically challenged was pretty amusing though :)

Do you know, Stanley Baldwin's daughter-in-law used to harrass my family by telephone until I shouted at her to cease and desist?

Were you in the next room

Finally the SMDAE sketch!

Edit: Well, nevermind...

I have a toddler so I mainly watch Ben and holly's little Kingdom. But it can be quite funny, particularly nanny plum

My first time watching, The Late Late Show With James Corden. I loved the segment (carpooling?)with Elton John and James Corden singing together.

The Adele carpool is good too!
Actually I think the carpools are the only bits I've ever seen of his show. (And his interview with Norman Reedus, obv.)

A film about people in a tower block being shot down.