What are you watching on TV? Page 2,076

Quite a frightening programme on BBC1 about wildlife that develop in alien landscapes and take over.

Film 'The World's End.' Thoroughly enjoyed it, very unusual.

Quote: keewik @ 21st February 2016, 11:06 PM GMT

Yes, very good. The last of the Cornetto Trilogy - first two were better though.

Anita Carey on WHTTLL.

I watched 'The Fox & The Hound' yesterday. Never seen it before. Loved it. Although I thought it would end with Todd (the Fox) and Copper (the Hound) opening a pub together.

Kurt Russell voiced Copper. It was made the same year as Escape From New York. I can't help picturing him dressed as Snake Plissken while recording the voice of a cute Disney dog.

8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.

Great - especially the gorgeous Aisling eating her words and Jimmy getting an Irish accent.

Bill Turnbull retiring after 15 years on BBC Breakfast this morning - been a very good presenter.

Just watched 'Philomena'. Wanted to kill the old nun.

Well I've just given up on Stag.

They call them Dark Comedies but really they're just cliche ridden old-time horrors.

Quote: keewik @ 21st February 2016, 11:06 PM GMT

i watched that to I thoroughly enjoyed it to it was a great film was'nt it.

Quote: keewik @ 26th February 2016, 11:38 PM GMT

Just watched 'Philomena'. Wanted to kill the old nun.

Also, the horrible, cold, devoid of the milk of human kindness old crones featured in, The Magdalene Sisters.

I haven't yet seen that but I need to.

Well my TV seems to be buggered at the moment but managing to watch online.

Just watched Episode 2 of the Night Manager. It's confusing enough anyway without the "6 months earlier" etc....

Steve Backshall's Extreme Mountain Challenge

Must be f**king mad! Virtual free climbing a Venezuelan Tepui......................

.......rising from around 1,600 metres (5,200 ft) to a maximum of 2,450 m (8,040 ft) AND having to make base FOUR base camps on the sheer sides by sleeping on ledges or cradles pitched to the vertical mountain sides. Sheer insanity.
My nuts were shrinking into my abdomen and I was having to stop myself from sliding off the settee as they peered over the side, looking down from where they had come.

Two things spring to mind.

They said this is the first time he had done this, but I distinctly remember him doing the exact same a couple of years ago in South America, and secondly if you want to know what is on the top of these lost worlds, then why not go up in a helicopter - far quicker and less life threatening.

I really don't know why they risk all for this, but then it does make for riveting TV. First episode here...........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b073h9h8/steve-backshalls-extreme-mountain-challenge-episode-1

........and there's a second one next week.

im watching this on YouTube

Elvis Presley - The Last 24 Hours