What are you watching on TV? Page 1,990

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th December 2014, 7:28 PM GMT

It not too late...

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth , more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance

Sorry, His word says I should try to recruit people

Whistling nnocently

Sorry, I can't be a recruit as, in the nicest way, I regard if all as a fairy tale.

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th December 2014, 8:56 PM GMT

"Baldrick, I want you to go out and buy a turkey so large you'd think it's mother had been rogered by an omnibus."

Laughing out loud That's more realistic.

Top of the Pops 1979 on BBC 4.

B A Robertson Bang Bang.

Forgot what a great song that was.

Pop Muzik by M - another great tune which really has an early 80's vibe

Oliver's Army - elvis. Costello - particular favourite of mine.

Just found this version of Oliver's Army

https://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/olivers-army-cannon-and-ball

Hello Agnes Guano - that was a coincidence. Wave

Dr Who

so Dr Who positives first, its a coherent story with a beginning, middle and an end. There are some neat moments, warning Clara with blackboards and loved the joke about the film Alien. But wellthat's it, this was a stunning, dull and unoriginal show. And when it rips off Alien with inferior fx it's failing to compete with a film almost 40 years old. Dream within a dream stuff was dated when Inception did it, but Inception got away with using an audacious design and massive FX. This was just sad and limp. Santa was such a stupid idea it's just not worth saying more than that. And as ever sets, costumes, monsters just look drab like they were left over from a 1980s scifi film made on the cheap in Yugoslavia. The sleigh scene used blue screen that looked worse than chromakey. The romance subplot seemed to be the turgid, romance that Dr Who loves of late. Like a Mills and Boon book about necrophilia. It's just bad.

Quote: Will Cam @ 26th December 2014, 12:17 AM GMT

Top of the Pops 1979 on BBC 4.

B A Robertson Bang Bang.

Forgot what a great song that was.

Pop Muzik by M - another great tune which really has an early 80's vibe

Oliver's Army - elvis. Costello - particular favourite of mine.

Just found this version of Oliver's Army

https://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/olivers-army-cannon-and-ball

Hello Agnes Guano - that was a coincidence. Wave

It's 1980 (in TOTP years) very soon. Yay!

Not sure about UK showings, but HBO is running a marathon of every episode of the acclaimed police drama, 'The Wire.' It was originally broadcast in 4:3 format, but it was shot in 16:9, so this will be the first time that it's been seen in HD. It's probably right below 'Breaking Bad' on my list of favourite shows, so I'll rewatch all 60 episodes. Highly recommended.

Skyfall. OK, but prefer the early Bonds.

The behind the scenes programme about Victoria Wood's musical.

Zulu :)

The repeat from 2009 of Victoria Wood's Mid Life Christmas, which I didn't see the first time round and am finding it very good, especially her costume drama spoof "Lark Pies to Cranchesterford". Very funny.

Interior of a drapers:

Lady turns to her maid "Are you smirking?! If you want to do that you will have to go outside"

Maid goes outside shop to join other smirkers standing in the Smirking Area.

Great pun that made me burst out laughing. Laughing out loud

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! - I was so looking forward to this, but it was disappointing.

They should stick with Wallace and Gromit feature length films which never fail with me.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th December 2014, 10:57 PM GMT

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! - I was so looking forward to this, but it was disappointing.

They should stick with Wallace and Gromit feature length films which never fail with me.

I enjoyed that when I saw it at the kiddie's cinema and later bought it for my sixty - something parents.

House of fools

Laughing out loud

Crown Court

Featuring Tiswas' Sally James

Watching an aeroplane stationary on the tarmac.

Wow, Christmas TV really is shit this year !