Goodnight Sweetheart Page 5

Quote: zooo @ August 9, 2007, 7:26 PM

:(
Brings a tear to the eye, it does...

So, really, he didn't choose between them? Was it outside his control that he got stuck in the past?

There's an episode from the last series where a Time Engineer (played by a guy who now writes for Dr Who - seriously) suddenly appears (literally) and tells him that he might be closing down the Time Portal in four hours. Gary decides to go back to the past, since millionaire Yvonne won't need him as much as Pheobe and his son Michael. He stays in the past for about a day but with Christmas coming up finds that he needs to keep popping back to the present day for Christmas pudding; expensive wine etc. Meanwhile, Ron, who nows owns the shop, gets a customer who's from 2164 or something who wants to buy the shop. As it turns out, however, it's the Time Portal with this guy from the future that gets shut down and Gary's can stay open. Back in the past, Gary holds his son and says, "You're the one that made the difference, you know."

So, even if it hadn't been beyond his control - which it was, by the way - he would have chosen the past over the present.

Quote: Aaron @ August 9, 2007, 9:13 AM

That's the whole point. Suspension of disbelief and all that. Hope for the average man!

That's what I meant.

Quote: Aaron @ August 9, 2007, 8:13 PM

Yes, he left. For the last series or two (maybe three; I forget), the part of Herr Flick was played by the-guy-whom-I-can-never-remember-the-name-of,-but-he was-the-nervous-postie-in-Keeping Up Appearances.

David Janson?

He was in Help with The Beatles.

Quote: Britcom Barry @ August 9, 2007, 11:15 PM

David Janson?

That's the one. :)

I do not approve.

Lime Cat does not approve.

It's actually quite uncanny!
Like looking in a mirror, that.

ZOOO HAS A FURRY FACE!

And whiskers!

Now that's just sounding cheeky.

... Rawr.

I was having lunch with my father on Sunday and was Quite shocked to find out he's been watching GNS. I never would have thought it.

Even wierder is that he brought it up when I mentioned all my alcohol money was being diverted to Dr.Who DVD's (to save questions, I had glandular fever at the begining of the year and I can't drink for the year)

Well not sure about the Doctor Who thing, but I can't think of many better things to spend money on that DVDs! :D

Not sure...?

Classic Who is where it's at.

I've only seen 2 episodes and that was this week (1 on youtube and 1 on ITV 3) and I think it is quite amusing, not laugh out loud, but very clever and wonderful locations. The episode I thought was very good was the episode: The Leaving of Liverpool (Series 4, episode 5). Here Gary goes to Liverpool during the war and plays the piano. He says here's a little song I've written about Liverpool and plays Penny Lane by The Beatles. The landlord of the pub says "That's rubbish that is, that fellow over there his son could write a better song and he's only one year old isn't that right Mr Lennon" Hilarious, really made me laugh. I think if I watch a few more episodes and really get into it, I think I will get the DVD boxset from play.com (39.99 it is 89.99 in the shop)