Goodnight Sweetheart Page 4

The show is a bag of bollo**s, but still it goes on and on. Laugh? I nearly smirked!

this is good night sweetheart

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4puojV5bh0E

We don't want your kind here.

The thing about Allo Allo is how on earth do all those stunning women find Rene attractive????????

When they really should have been falling over Herr Flick.

He was a sexy.

A sexy what?

It was disgusting - all those bed scenes!

Allo Allo that is!

Just a sexy.
The policeman was one too. but that might just be me.

Well you fancy that strange bloke on your avatar - so there is hope for some blokes then!

A rocking 70s mustache is all it takes.

Quote: David Chapman @ August 8, 2007, 8:06 PM

The thing about Allo Allo is how on earth do all those stunning women find Rene attractive????????

That's the whole point. Suspension of disbelief and all that. Hope for the average man!

Quote: zooo @ August 8, 2007, 8:08 PM

When they really should have been falling over Herr Flick.

He was a sexy.

The original, I assume you mean? (The brilliant Richard Gibson; Ugandan, if I recall correctly.)

The ending of Goodnight Sweetheart was very poignant.

What happened? I can't remember.

Quote: Aaron @ August 9, 2007, 9:13 AM

The original, I assume you mean? (The brilliant Richard Gibson; Ugandan, if I recall correctly.)

.....?
Was there a second?

Quote: zooo @ August 9, 2007, 6:58 PM

In 1945, the war is coming to an end. Gary saves MP Clement Atlee from being poisined. In reality, Atlee became the next Prime Minister after Churchill, so it's suggested that Gary has made this happen! Since he has fullfilled his desitiny, the time portal closes, leaving him trapped in the past!

Meanwhile, Ron is redecorating his flat, so back in '45, Gary writes his explanation on the wall knowing that one day Ron will tear the wallpaper down and find the message written underneath. He does and tells the whole fantasic story to Yvonne, who is distraught when she realises she will not see her husband again. Gary feels sorry for Yvonne but accepts that his life is now totally with Phoebe and Michael.

Phoebe: You’re not going to go away anymore, are you?

Gary: No. This is where I belong now. Anyway, where is there to go?

:(
Brings a tear to the eye, it does...

So, really, he didn't choose between them? Was it outside his control that he got stuck in the past?

Quote: zooo @ August 9, 2007, 6:58 PM

.....?
Was there a second?

Yes, he left. For the last series or two (maybe three; I forget), the part of Herr Flick was played by the-guy-whom-I-can-never-remember-the-name-of,-but-he was-the-nervous-postie-in-Keeping Up Appearances.

Quote: zooo @ August 9, 2007, 7:26 PM

So, really, he didn't choose between them? Was it outside his control that he got stuck in the past?

Indeed it was beyond his control. One got the feeling however, that given the choice, that's almost certainly the one that he would have made.