Goodnight Sweetheart Page 11

Quote: Mozza @ March 11 2010, 1:51 PM GMT

BUT Goodnight Sweetheart is still one of the favourites out of all the shows Laurence and I wrote, and we have great expectations of a stage production in the not too distant future.

:D That's brilliant news. I for one would love to see a stage show being a massive fan of the show.

Cor, it's Maurice Gran!

*bows and scrapes a bit in due deference*

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 11 2010, 2:40 PM GMT

Cor, it's Maurice Gran!

*bows and scrapes a bit in due deference*

Yeah - me too!

Stay awhile and share your genius.

Quote: Mozza @ March 11 2010, 1:51 PM GMT

As co-creator of Goodnight Sweetheart I'm pleased to see people still talk about the show, have opinions, likes, dislikes, and all that jazz. Bill W pointed out the correspondence about bringing GS back. However, I don't see any great desire on the part of the BBC for more adventures in Blitzland, and we're too proud to beg. (Though it would be fun, as someone said, to see what happens in 1963 when the Beales start plagiarising Gary's greatest hits. But then again, he'll probably make sure the songs all get published in the 1950s, so when John and Paul get going they'll simply have to write some different songs, won't they?)

BUT Goodnight Sweetheart is still one of the favourites out of all the shows Laurence and I wrote, and we have great expectations of a stage production in the not too distant future.

Very nice to have you on the forum Maurice. Great sitcom Goodnight Sweetheart, a show that got better as it went along for me.

I think begging is still a good option for a 90 minute special :)

Or maybe a DVD only thing.

Though if it goes to stage I will be there lapping it up bomb by bomb!

I found this on the Goodnight Sweetheart forum site. Looks like there will be a stage show.

http://www.tonymacaulay.com/features_goodnightsweetheart.htm

Quote: James Cotter @ March 12 2010, 11:19 AM GMT

I found this on the Goodnight Sweetheart forum site. Looks like there will be a stage show.

http://www.tonymacaulay.com/features_goodnightsweetheart.htm

Yurs, well the Musical Score is but one step in a production. Maurice did say above that they have "great expectations" of a stage show, which probably means that it will go ahead unless the sky falls down or contracts fail or WW-II starts or whatever.

Laughing out loud :D

Quote: billwill @ March 12 2010, 12:54 PM GMT

Yurs, well the Musical Score is but one step in a production. Maurice did say above that they have "great expectations" of a stage show, which probably means that it will go ahead unless the sky falls down or contracts fail or WW-II starts or whatever.

Laughing out loud :D

You mean World War III surely?

Quote: David Carmon @ March 13 2010, 3:46 PM GMT

It was a time-travel comedy.

I would have to be a bit dim not to know that as I have watched it constantly since I was 10.

Also technically it makes no sense as World War II was already underway when the series began :)

Quote: David Carmon @ March 13 2010, 5:50 PM GMT

I would have to be a bit dim not to know that as I have watched it constantly since I was 10.

Also technically it makes no sense as World War II was already underway when the series began :)

Yes - but he may go back to 1938.

Quote: David Carmon @ March 13 2010, 3:46 PM GMT

Thats odd I could've sworn I typed III

Eh?

Maybe you changed history when you went back in time and did something you weren't supposed to. Meaning that that one little 'I' got lost in the future/ past/ present.

I was disappointed to run out of episodes so I wrote

Goodnight Sweetheart - the Next Generation

which wraps things up a bit 10 years after ( 2009/1945). Will the scary Baroness find happiness ?

http://www.blatword.co.uk/GNS-TNG/GNSTNG.html

It's about 10000 words in PDF format.

We just finished watching the series on DVD, rationing (no pun intended) out two or three episodes a week.

Even made a WWII dinner for our last evening with Goodnight Sweetheart and enjoyed it with the last two episodes.

I had seen a few of the first three series here in Canada but was delighted to be able to buy and watch the whole series.

Did anyone else notice that, in the episode about the photo with Noel Coward -- it turns up in a book Yvonne is judging -- that the caption in the book says "Garry" Sparrow instead of Gary.

I'd love to know if this was intentional. Did Gary call himself Garry when he was in wartime England? Or was it just a mistake?

No matter... great show I'll look forward to watching again.