Goodnight Sweetheart Page 3

I started watching it few weeks ago and quite enjoy it. I don't need my sides to be sewn up from it, but I like it they way it is - rather gentle and fairly amusing story with decent acting and a good dose of predictability.
I'm at the end of second series, though.

God, I need something like this now and then. It needn't be League Of Gentlemen or Night Night on a daily basis ;)

See Rance. Bloody hilarity ain't everything you twisted old vag bucket!

Quote: David Chapman @ August 2, 2007, 4:28 PM

twisted old vag bucket!

Is that KFC's latest meal?

Quote: David Chapman @ August 2, 2007, 4:28 PM

See Rance. Bloody hilarity ain't everything you twisted old vag bucket!

Thats a good job then based on GS.
All I am saying is take out the canned ;laughty and it will be miles better.

PS. You saggy scrotum-ed slut.

Quote: Charley @ August 2, 2007, 12:31 AM

Not anyone. They have to fullfill a 3 question checklist first.

Do you have a pulse?
Do you have a penis?
Do you know what a clitoris is?

Anyway, Goodnight Sweetheart is very good. I'm just rather interested in history though. I have all six series' on DVD, but not watched in quite a while. Might stick one on later actually. :) (I love the end of Jack the Ripper.)

Although we had Blackadder and Dads Army, I'd be quite interested to see a wartime set comedy, I rather enjoy comedy history, along the lines of The Mark Steele Lectures.

They used to play several episodes in a row every sunday here on UKTV.

It's not teh funniest show ever made, not by a long shot. The main hero is a cheating bastard with little respect for causality.

But damnit, I made sure I was home every sunday for it. It's just such a watchable show. I will eventually get them all on DVD.

Quote: Leevil @ August 6, 2007, 2:03 PM

Although we had Blackadder and Dads Army, I'd be quite interested to see a wartime set comedy...

Eh? You mean another one? (Also, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, and I'm sure many more.)

Allo allo.

'Allo 'Allo! is still one of my favourite sitcoms. I saw a number of the vehicles recently which were used in it. It excited me. Perhaps too much. :-/

(But not sexually.)

I used to watch Goodnight Sweetheart. When I think of it now though I just feel really depressed and melancholy.

I think it's the war + him managing to cheat on two people in two different time frames. What a cock.

I did like that the fat one from Bread was in it though!

Quote: zooo @ August 6, 2007, 11:51 PM

I think it's ... him managing to cheat on two people in two different time frames. What a cock.

Yeah, that always made - well, makes - me feel a bit uncomfortable with the show. I guess one has to take it with a pinch of salt really (particularly considering the setting), but generally I hate glamourisation of such behaviour.

But Nick Lyndhurst is SO likeable, you have to look beyond that.

so you can love Allo Allo with main character shamelessly humping around several women at a time, while Gary Sparrow makes you uncomfortable? :)

But then again, Rene is French...

Quote: WrongTale @ August 8, 2007, 5:55 AM

so you can love Allo Allo with main character shamelessly humping around several women at a time, while Gary Sparrow makes you uncomfortable? :)

But then again, Rene is French...

Laughing out loud

Thing is, whilst there are a lot of jokes based around that, it's actually not a major, crucial part of the story line. I mean, take out that René is longing to bonk some of the staff, and the core of the show is still there. With Goodnight Sweetheart, the core of the show was exactly that; the fact that he's got a wife whom he loves in both eras, thus not allowing him to just choose one to stay in and be done with it.