The Scotland Thread Page 6

Quote: Oldrocker @ 15th September 2014, 1:39 PM BST

That should be the clincher !

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/piers-morgan-attempts-to-save-the-union-by-promising-to-go-back-to-the-us-if-scotland-votes-no-to-independence-9732207.html?dkdk

Love it. If only we had the vote!

I guess the weather forecast will be one minute shorter from Friday.

Nb dominion great book

Yesterday, Alex Salmond ruled out another referendum following the results when he said: "In my view this is a once in a generation, perhaps even once in a lifetime opportunity for Scotland."

Eh?

Well you can't keep having them or they'd turn into a nation of stroppy teenagers, I hate you I'm having a referendum

so here's my view on the subject.

the funny thing is I can completely understand the Yes campaign. Scotland is asolutely a distinct and proud nation. With it's own culture and a belief in fairness and social justice that should shame the last 3 decades of English government. But. Independence means by any fair measure a drop in security, standard of living, opportunity and influence in the rest of the world. It will almost certainly mean not just joining the EU and the Euro but slavishly struggling to do so and jumping through Brussells hoops. It's a big sacrifice but probably one worth making and it won't be for ever. It just doesn't seem to be being explained in an honest way. Ultimately no one in the old British Imperium chose to stay and few regret the choice. Just know what you're choosing

http://wakeupscotland.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/ewan-morrison-yes-why-i-joined-yes-and-why-i-changed-to-no/

one final thought, if you think an independent Scotland won't have food banks, or soup kitchens.
Then you rather over estimate the power of government, any government.

Two more polls out tonight

Both show 4% lead for NO

I'd' be pretty amazed if yes win this now

Some bookies are already paying out bets on NO

I predict a 6% victory for NO

They appear to agree . . http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/scottish-independence/referendum-outcome

Hey lofty are you shagging both of the chuckle brothers?

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th September 2014, 9:15 PM BST

Two more polls out tonight

Both show 4% lead for NO

I'd' be pretty amazed if yes win this now

Some bookies are already paying out bets on NO

I predict a 6% victory for NO

They're snobs and they don't know what they're missing

With Stugeon and Salmond stirring things up it all seems a bit fishy to me.

(Apologies if someone has already said this.)

3rd and final poll for tonight

48% yes , 52% no

That's all three exactly the same

With two days to go I think it must be a pretty good indicator of the final result

Do you think if they say no and get all these promised extra benefits , we could threaten to leave the UK too?

Just imagine all the administration required if they do go independent. Turns my stomach.

Quote: Ben @ 16th September 2014, 10:47 PM BST

Just imagine all the administration required if they do go independent. Turns my stomach.

I don't know how anything like that is done.

When you think that even the standard stuff can easily go wrong.

Crystal clear on car tax discs, everyone? :)

Quote: Ben @ 16th September 2014, 10:47 PM BST

Not our problem!

I'm bored with it now! And after tomorrow they're going to be droning on and on and on..............Frankly Scarlet I couldn't give a shit. >_<