The Scotland Thread Page 11

In the shredder !!!

Quote: Marc P @ 20th September 2014, 10:41 PM BST

Lord Gordon Brown had them perforated for his personal use Sootyj!

And that's quite enough about your bottom MarcP

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/06/09/307942/scots-warn-uk-of-spying-on-referendum/

So that's Press TV [eg Iranian propaganda] take on the story.

A vague couple of remarks designed to inflame Scots paranoia and no evidence. Which is something the SNP has never ever done before.

Lofty you're not convincing yourself grow up and start hiding under the Thomas the Tank Engine duvet of comforting paranoia.

Oh here we go

Losing the argument so you resort to insults

Again!

Right , you can f**k right off

Ill take my made up ludicrous half assed conspiracy cobblers elsewhere in future

Angry

Sorry lofty I got you a book as an apology

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1468557084/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1468557084&linkCode=as2&linkId=JKL7ETGV53H7KWGE&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_tl&tag=natdee-20

Read it -- not helpful

Quote: keewik @ 20th September 2014, 3:30 PM BST

Is this the kind of ignorant, ill-informed, insulting rant which I'm supposed to laugh off as jolly banter? Alfred you should have been in George Square last night celebrating with the band of No supporters. You could have joined the mature (?) gang of men who harassed young teenage girls because they had Saltires painted on their faces; you could have helped the mob burn the Saltire; you'd possibly have enjoyed joining them in giving Nazi salutes.

To those of you who have made me laugh over the time I've been here, thank-you and good luck.

To the anti-Scottish gang (and there are a few of you) - I believe in Karma so let's hope whatever happens won't be too bad.

Farewell.

Do you expect us to believe there were no nutjob violent wankers who would have done something similar to those who wanted to stay part of GREAT Britain if the vote had gone the other way?

That lot were EDL or their ilk bussed in too make trouble. As a number of SNP ministers said, every community has it's head cases. As it is they've managed to be an unpleasant nuisance, as far as I can tell in one city.

I am genuinely sad you've chosen to go. I'm not sure there's anyone who has any animus towards the Scots.
We just didn't agree on one are of politics and politics has always struck me as daft thing to fall out over.

As for flags people burn them, I'm English and a bit Zionist. There's a Chinese company that makes easy burn versions of both the British and Israeli flags. It maybe the first time in an age the Saltires been burned, but it's a symbol mostly.

I hope you reconsider, there really aren't any politicians on either side of the border who's opinion is worth falling out over.

And thanks to that crappy no campaign, I can't even say we're better together without sounding like I'm taking the piss.

"Unionist and Independence groups clash" - where have I heard that before.

For f**k's sake people don't go down that road and mess up another beautiful country.

Is this going to rumble on forever? Hope not.

It's a few hundred hot heads Hercules every country has them, I'm sure in Nepal Budhist monks ruck over who has the orangest robe periodically.

Shame on the jaded, viewer hungry media blowing up beyond all need.

I think its time the police started treating EDL etc like they did with football hooligans like they did with football hooligans in the 80s [and the same goes for Muslim etc bully boys and girls]

Quote: keewik @ 20th September 2014, 3:30 PM BST

Is this the kind of ignorant, ill-informed, insulting rant which I'm supposed to laugh off as jolly banter? Alfred you should have been in George Square last night celebrating with the band of No supporters. You could have joined the mature (?) gang of men who harassed young teenage girls because they had Saltires painted on their faces; you could have helped the mob burn the Saltire; you'd possibly have enjoyed joining them in giving Nazi salutes.

? I'm not anti Scottish, I'm pro Scotland and pro Union and didn't insult anyone. I think you've read in the post want you wanted to read, maybe? Devo max is a great deal, you should be delighted, you got a fantastic result from the referendum, much more power to run your own affairs without the risk of meltdown, which could have happened under Salmond's puny economic plans. I assure you I would not have harassed young teenage girls, the one who used and manipulated them was Salmond.

Quote: sootyj @ 21st September 2014, 9:00 AM BST

It's a few hundred hot heads Hercules every country has them, I'm sure in Nepal Budhist monks ruck over who has the orangest robe periodically.

Shame on the jaded, viewer hungry media blowing up beyond all need.

I sincerely hope you are right.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st September 2014, 9:09 AM BST

? I'm not anti Scottish, I'm pro Scotland and pro Union and didn't insult anyone. I think you've read in the post want you wanted to read, maybe? Devo max is a great deal, you should be delighted, you got a fantastic result from the referendum, much more power to run your own affairs without the risk of meltdown, which could have happened under Salmond's puny economic plans. I assure you I would not have harassed young teenage girls, the one who used and manipulated them was Salmond.

Here's a rare thing I agree with AJK.
Devo max was never on the ballot paper, it appeared because of the strength of feeling and success of Yes [as well as failures of No campaign]
It wasn't just given it was forced out of Cameron and Westminster.

Devo max and currency union will make full devoloution highly realistic.

A couple of verses I've penned in honour of our great Scottish neighbours and why they were right to choose the Union.

When the howling wind
Blows in from the Urals
You'll need more than just a kilt
Especially on the Gorbals

When the howling wind
Blows in the kingdom of Fife
You'll need more than just a kilt
Or you'll be no good to your wife
Scotland England

William McGonagal just rolled over in his grave.

Okay everybody. I'll take the good wishes, if that's what I can call them, and I'll ignore a number of things with which I strongly disagree, because, really, we're never going to agree, either on facts or attitudes.

Can we leave this subject from now on? I think it must be impossible for you all to realise how difficult life here is at the moment - not in a material way - but feelings are still running very high and it's upsetting.

By the way, I'd have gone for Devo Max if it had been on offer.