The general pop/rock - music thread Page 64

Nah

He's too boring

He's guilty of nothing more than being a smug, sanctimonious, tax dodging arse head

He reminds me of Elton John but without the flamboyance, charisma or talent.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 11th May 2014, 12:03 PM BST

I do like a nice ARS.

Pity they weren't called the 'Atlanta Rhythm Section Experience' really, but you can't have everything. It's a good comp though - have meant for years to delve deeper into their catalogue. Will get around to it one day!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th May 2014, 12:05 PM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1lJFlB-89Q

:D

Quote: radiat10n @ 11th May 2014, 8:09 PM BST

Pity they weren't called the 'Atlanta Rhythm Section Experience' really, but you can't have everything. It's a good comp though - have meant for years to delve deeper into their catalogue. Will get around to it one day!

The original Cheeky Boys.

I keep hearing An Ending (Ascent) by Brian eno on that cancer advert

Not my usual thing but I can't get it out of my head

Does anyone have his Apollo album?

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th May 2014, 10:28 PM BST

Does anyone have his Apollo album?

Yup, I do. I have most of his early ambient albums. It's not exactly rock n roll but very rewarding if you're in the mood.

Thanks matey

Any guys here in a band. Myself and three of my mates are in one, and it's a right laugh. All the people in the pubs we've played in love us, and we're a hit with the girls, too. Some of them say I look like Robin Thicke, but that's not the kind of music we make. A landlord said we were like Oasis.

Quote: AlexTrough @ 19th May 2014, 1:28 PM BST

Any guys here in a band. Myself and three of my mates are in one, and it's a right laugh. All the people in the pubs we've played in love us, and we're a hit with the girls, too. Some of them say I look like Robin Thicke, but that's not the kind of music we make. A landlord said we were like Oasis.

So who are you and what area do you play?

Saw on facebook that the new Echo & the Bunnymen album was being streamed in its entirety on the Guardian web site.

I had a look but I really couldn't get past any of that pretentious holier-than-thou crap there and closed it straight down. Sorry Mac. Can't you put it anywhere else?

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd May 2014, 5:02 PM BST

Saw on facebook that the new Echo & the Bunnymen album was being streamed in its entirety on the Guardian web site.

I had a look but I really couldn't get past any of that pretentious holier-than-thou crap there and closed it straight down. Sorry Mac. Can't you put it anywhere else?

You know you want to really. :)

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/may/19/echo-and-the-bunnymen-meteorites-exclusive-album-stream

Quote: AlexTrough @ 19th May 2014, 1:28 PM BST

This is no time for false modesty, Alex.

Bought this today on the fleamarket.

Documentary about the Monkees on Drama right now.

They did some really good pop songs and Mike Nesmith was a good singer as well as Mickey Dolenz and Davey Jones.

Funny they were slagged off for not playing on their records because Nesmith was a great guitarist and Tork had previously been in Steven Stills' band.

At one point Jimi Hendrix were their support act on tour.

Finally bought the new Sabbath album ("13")...I like it so far. it has the classic feel to it.