The general pop/rock - music thread Page 66

Robert Plant is about to release a new album. This man is restless.

http://robertplant.warnerreprise.com/eu/

From Peter Young on Facebook.

"Congratulations Turgid Radio. As a tribute to the late Bobby Womack they played Womack and Womack's 'Baby I'm Scared Of You'. Oh well, that's another 15 researchers out of the door. A lot of their listeners seem to think that 'Teardrops' was one of Bobby's best. Tune in for a free lobotomy."

Got to hear "If you don't want my love", which I think I've got on a Keith Richard cassette somewhere, by the man himself today.

RIP Bobby Womack.

Don't forget Radio 2 at 7 tonight on the Paul Jones Blues show.

Wilko Johnson (still) live.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th June 2014, 5:28 PM BST

Got to hear "If you don't want my love", which I think I've got on a Keith Richard cassette somewhere,

I've checked my Richards cds, couldn't find it on one of them. I think you meant Ronnie Wood.
By the way, RIP Bobby! :(

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 30th June 2014, 11:20 PM BST

I've checked my Richards cds, couldn't find it on one of them. I think you meant Ronnie Wood.
By the way, RIP Bobby! :(

Yes - that's right. My Ron Wood LP.

Happy birthday Debbie Harry. 69 today.

Jamie T has finally announced some new dates. Nowhere near me though, so I won't be attending. His last album was rather forgettable, but I did love his first album very much.

What do we think of the news that a brand new Pink Floyd album is on the way, apparently based on the Division Bell sessions?

It's meant to be quite ambienty. Gilmour's guitarwork usually stands out on the slower tracks, and I think Division Bell is a decent album anyway, so it could be good.

A new Pink Floyd album would only make sense with the involvement of Roger Waters. Otherwise it would be just another David Gilmour solo album. I'd buy it, for sure, but the tag "Pink Floyd" would be misleading. I liked Momentary Lapse and Division Bell, pleasant enough, but Gilmour solo albums in all but name. I want a The Wall light...not Division Bell 2.

The Ramones are all dead ...

RIP Tommy

RIP Tommy Ramone! :(

Woaawwww that's spooky dude!

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th July 2014, 11:28 AM BST

Woaawwww that's spooky dude!

Jus read about it...hey ho, let`s go!

Cancer took 3 of em

That's some bullshit

Angry

I think their lifestyle could have something to do with it. But yes, very sad and annoying. Stop wasting your money on weapons and spy gadgets, bloody Americans!! fight cancer!