The general pop/rock - music thread Page 60

I very much enjoyed yesterday's documentary on Robert Plant on BBC 4. Not necessarily because of the actual content, there was nothing I didn't already know from books and other documentaries, but because of the interview bits. Nice to see Plant being so healthy and at peace with himself and the world. Not every rockstar of his generation is that fit and sane.

I understand the Wilko Daltrey album is number 2. Buying it this week and I urge you all to do so too to get a real legend to number 1 before he dies.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th March 2014, 9:58 PM GMT

I understand the Wilko Daltrey album is number 2. Buying it this week and I urge you all to do so too to get a real legend to number 1 before he dies.

Saw this in the record store this week...looked like an archival release, is it something new?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 29th March 2014, 9:26 PM GMT

I'll bite. :)

What's number one, then?

Ta! Never heard it. Will listen to some of it.

Oldrocker will love the title. :D

Years ago I thought punk rock was mehhh, s'okay I guess

Then I heard that album

Now punk rock is my fckn life

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th March 2014, 10:55 PM GMT

Years ago I thought punk rock was mehhh, s'okay I guess

Then I heard that album

Now punk rock is my fckn life

Doesn't get any bigger than that.

I've loved music all my life, but it hasn't given me a life-changing moment in that way. Got that more from books & plays: George Orwell, Beckett, DH Lawrence, Pinter.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 29th March 2014, 11:08 PM GMT

Doesn't get any bigger than that.

I've loved music all my life, but it hasn't given me a life-changing moment in that way. Got that more from books & plays: George Orwell, Beckett, DH Lawrence, Pinter.

Yeah, books, massage for your mind.

;)

I loved punk music when I was in my late teens. You'd quite often hear The Clash and Sham 69 emanating from my bedroom, but I hardly ever listen to it these days. I was crazy over The Stone Roses around the same time, but again, I only listen to them sparingly these days.

I'm not sure if I particularly obsess over bands in the same way these days. Perhaps The Smiths, if anything, as I've frequently gone back to them in the last five years.

We should use this thread to draw the attention to interesting music documentaries and stuff like that. I'm pissed off of missing out on this kind of programmes. I caught the Plant doc by accident but seem to have missed a programme about Chas & Dave, goddammit. Angry

I was talking to a couple of young Spaniards the other day, who went to see The Exploited when they played here recently. I didn't even know they were still going - they showed me videos they'd made on their phones. Watty's still sporting a Mohican. I looked at a few YouTube videos of them in action yesterday. Talk about chaotic! Then a bit of punk nostalgia watching The Damned's New Rose.

I've only got Punks Not Dead by The Exploited

And to be frank

It's bollocks

Made me ignore all their other stuff so I've not heard it

Except the song F**k the USA , which ain't bad

They just seem like a bunch of talentless dickheads

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th March 2014, 12:19 PM BST

I've only got Punks Not Dead by The Exploited

And to be frank

It's bollocks

Made me ignore all their other stuff so I've not heard it

Except the song F**k the USA , which ain't bad

They just seem like a bunch of talentless dickheads

What about American punk...like Replacements?

Not heard of them mate..

Will have a listen

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th March 2014, 12:30 PM BST

Not heard of them mate..

Will have a listen

Listen to their early stuff when they were still punky.