The Thick Of It - Series 4 Page 5

Quote: swerytd @ September 12 2012, 10:20 AM BST

But it's the Peter/Stewart relationship that's, frankly, awesome.

Why? Eh?

The old, uncomprehending dinosaur being made to do things the 'new' way: social media, apps, hanging his shirt outside his trousers. Plus the fact that he knows it but is in this world where the spin doctor is king, regardless of how much of a moron he is. It all just works so well.

In summary, it makes me laugh lots, even just thinking about it :)

Dan

Quote: SimonWing @ September 9 2012, 5:18 PM BST

(3) The Glenn character has taken a slightly strange direction (I'll re-watch tonight, in case I just imagined it).

True, Glenn seems to have changed. He seems quite flashy and fast-talking now. I always loved how slow and Bagpussish he was. He almost seems like he's trying to be younger in this series.

Maybe that's a character arc, him feeling redundant and wanting to impress all the time.

Loved it though, as always. Can't wait to see Nicholson again and hope Flemming comes back... He was always my fav character.

Oh and hello everyone.

Ploop.

Politically a really interesting episode tonight - but not very funny.

I liked Tinker, tailor, soldier, c**t.
I know I laughed out loud a few times, but as ever I can't remember what at.

Quote: Aaron @ September 15 2012, 11:25 PM BST

Politically a really interesting episode tonight - but not very funny.

I tend to agree with this. There were a few good one liners, mainly from Ollie ("Whisperboarding" made me laugh out loud), but this series seems curiously lacking in urgency. It's almost like they've captured midterm doldrums a little too well. One of the key ingredients to the last series was that they were on the cusp of an election and the stakes seemed so much higher. Now nothing seems quite as important.

That said, still great writing and nice to see Tucker scheming away. Nicola Murray's policy adviser is pretty hot too.

I liked the way she didn't seem scared of Tucker (most of the time).

I like Oliie's new Gordon Gecko hairstyle.

He looks even skinnier this series.

He does seem to be becoming the Karen Carpenter of British comedy.

Quote: zooo @ September 15 2012, 11:28 PM BST

I liked Tinker, tailor, soldier, c**t.
I know I laughed out loud a few times, but as ever I can't remember what at.

'She's one nil down to a baby horse' = Laughing out loud

It was great seeing the old team back and the chemistry was top notch. Tony Gardner is a great comic actor, so I hope he'll be featured more and more. Of course, the gravitas and acting chops brought by Malcolm Tucker / Peter Capaldi is always mesmorising and he really is the show in my eyes.

Great stuff.

Loved watching Nicola Murray's limited authourity draining away in the shadow cabinet meeting.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 17 2012, 12:22 PM BST

Tony Gardner is a great comic actor, so I hope he'll be featured more and more

Couldn't agree more.

Tucker's description of Star Wars made me lol