You go, girl!

*snaps fingers and does that head wobble like it's become dislocated*

Who's your 'girl'?

*sucks teeth*

Shorty, don't be like dat!

Oh no she didn't!

Quote: David Bussell @ July 19 2010, 2:03 PM BST

You go, girl!

I once shared an office with a woman who used to say that several times a day to female colleagues. Where exactly did the phrase come from? A movie or a TV commercial or where? I tried to Google the answer, but all I found was this: http://www.go-girl.com/what-is-gogirl.asp.

Quote: David Bussell @ July 19 2010, 2:03 PM BST

You go, girl!

A statment said by a woman who is chearing another woman on. but not getting involved herself.

Quote: Kenneth @ July 19 2010, 2:53 PM BST

I once shared an office with a woman who used to say that several times a day to female colleagues. Where exactly did the phrase come from? A movie or a TV commercial or where? I tried to Google the answer, but all I found was this: http://www.go-girl.com/what-is-gogirl.asp.

I believe it's a brand of feminine laxatives?

Quote: robert aitken @ July 19 2010, 2:24 AM BST

Julia Davis is one of the best comedy writers and performers that the world has ever seen. Get back to your frantic self-abuse, amin.

I applaud you. That she is.

Quote: James Cotter @ July 19 2010, 11:20 AM BST

:O A bit sexist that statement isn't it? I've got two word for you: Victoria Wood Angelic

Hmmm not my cup of tea. Far to clean but she has def made herself a few quid out of it.

Quote: amin @ July 18 2010, 10:24 PM BST

Is it just me or does anyone else think female comedians and females in general are just not funny?

The truth is that female comedians can not get away with the same things men can.
My favourite comedians are all male however I do like Joan Rivers, Julia Davies & Sarah Silverman.
When a woman comes along that can be bold & non judged, baring a similar style to either Billy Connolly, Bill Hicks or Richard Pryor (which I am sure one day she will) I shall stick her on my number 1 list.

Women can make fantastic comedians & one day one will be massive.

Anyhoo Amin you get off to bed now (alone no doubt)as sexism can mean a lonley future & a broken wrist.
Wave

Just like music, people like different comedians. I think of female comedians as the 'Simply Red of Comedy'. Some of us might have their CD in our collection, but will never admit to it, but we all sing along with it on our iPod when we think no-one can hear.

Yes. So very original. Aren't there already a few threads about this never-ending debate??

I think Jenny Eclair tries too hard to be crude and shocking. Just ends up looking silly and childish with no substance.

I am not a fan of Jenny Eclair I must admit. But maybe if a fella was saying that stuff men might see it as less crude & more funny.

Most funny women I know are cruder than men. And they are hilarious, it's just that they don't fit the media's box they try to squeeze them into.

Female humour is different, and the sooner people get over it the better.

Quote: AngieBaby @ July 22 2010, 11:43 PM BST

Most funny women I know are cruder than men. And they are hilarious, it's just that they don't fit the media's box they try to squeeze them into.

Female humour is different, and the sooner people get over it the better.

Well Said my fellow laydeeeee!

I just think that sometimes Female comics try too hard to prove the can be just as crude as a male comic. sometimes it can come across as a bit forced.

I can't remember her name but I think the woman who played Nostramous in TMWRNJ is funny