Female comedians Page 4

Quote: chipolata @ July 23 2010, 9:57 AM BST

Oh, yeah. I forgot about those. She also put a good turn in on I'm Alan Partridge. Although we never did find out if she shaved her crackling or not.

:)

I liked her a lot in 'Gavin And Stacey', too. 'Nighty Night' is something I'll have to look at again one day.

Still haven't watched Nighty Night myself but I'm looking forward to when I do, I thought her one off Lizzie and Sarah was bloomin hilarious.

I think men see humour as being a male thing: men like women with a sense of humour, but don't necessarily like it when women tell jokes. In a relationship sense, men prefer to be the producers of funny and their partners to be receptive of it.

Victoria Wood is an institution and funny but hardly cutting edge comedy. Ellen DeGeneres is one of the funniest and sharpest ladies around both for verbal and physical comedy, and Joan Rivers is still sharp as a tack, and not a lot of male or female comics can remain relevant after six decades of doing stand-up. Catherine Tate, Jo Brand, Dawn French are all very appealing and very funny.

Isn't Getting On written by all three of the female leads? That's one of the sharpest sitcoms of recent years.

Tina Fey, '30 Rock', brilliant.

Goodness, what a terribly sexist thread.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 23 2010, 10:12 AM BST

Tina Fey, '30 Rock', brilliant.

Oh, yes. And she also did the script for the excellent Mean Girls.

Anyway, theory disproved.

As it is every f**king time this thread comes up.

Can we please all f**k off and do something else now? Jolly good.

Yes I'm going to f**k off and abuse my old missus, so morning all, see you later.

'Oi you, woman, I said ginger crinkles, not ginger nuts...'

Not to drag up a silly argument, but just read a really interesting article, crunching comedy reviews by gender, but also looking at the reviewers' sex. Article suggests that the statistical bias is due to male reviewers giving on average an extra 0.27 stars to male comedians. Interesting read.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/correspondents/2010/09/30/11838/are_men_funnier%3F_here_are_the_vital_statistics

That's nice bearing in mind men are generally 0.45 stars funnier than women.

All women are funnier than you.

That isn't much of a standard is it?

And as a joke atleast 0.45 less stars than from a male comic.

Quote: sootyj @ September 30 2010, 9:54 PM BST

And as a joke atleast 0.45 less stars than from a male comic.

:D