Female comedians Page 5

A naked man is funnier than a naked woman.

That's because penises are hillarious.

A naked man with his bits between his legs pretending to be a naked woman trumps everything.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 1 2010, 4:50 PM BST

That's because penises are hillarious.

Fannys are just scary.

The Predator had a funny for a mouth.

A funny fanny?

Wasn't that a Russ Abbott joke?

Why doesn't anyone show clips of his Mad House anymore?

I've often wondered what it would be like to be a woman; the wonders of childbirth, coping with the inherent unfairness of society's glass ceiling, remembering to wipe from front to back...

and I'm sure there's probably other stuff as well.

Quote: Not Dave Gorman @ October 1 2010, 6:24 PM BST

and I'm sure there's probably other stuff as well.

Yep, like going ballistic if the loo seat is left up...
Covering every surface of their cars with furry cute things....
More?

Quote: Not Dave Gorman @ October 1 2010, 6:24 PM BST

I've often wondered what it would be like to be a woman; the wonders of childbirth

Wonders? Try terrifying horror.

Quote: Not Dave Gorman @ October 1 2010, 4:53 PM BST

A naked man with his bits between his legs pretending to be a naked woman trumps everything.

*'Goodbye Horses' plays in background*

"I'd f**k me."

Goodbye horses, I'm crying over you.

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2010, 6:45 PM BST

Try terrifying horror.

I once tried horrifying terror and I didn't like it.

Is terrifying horror much different?

It's worse. Obviously.

At the present time, almost everybody and his or her dog is trying to make a career in stand-up comedy but if we ignore this recent invasion and look back through the history of stand-up comedy, how many attractive female comedians do we see?

I'm not talking about actresses who performed comedic roles: I'm talking about women who stood at a microphone and told jokes.

The answer is 'Few, if any'.

Now, okay, we can debate all day about what 'attractive' means but, unless we're being deliberately mischievous, we all know what it means and the truth is that, historically, good-looking women have tended to be absent from stand-up comedy.

Why is that?

Probably similar reasons that the majority of male comics aren't good looking? The pretty girls in school never had to be funny or interesting to be popular or make friends. I know for me, I developed my funny bone really young as a freind-making mechanism. The reason that you have men in the mix who are okay looking too are that the reasons for male humour are different- there is more of a feeling of competition and one-up manship which isn't just used as a friend-making tool. Also, you'll find that a lot of 'funny women' are self-deprecating as a defence mechanism for their perceived imperfections (the reason that they 'have' to be funny in the first place).

That might have made some sense if it wasn't so poorly written.