Female comedians Page 3

Quote: Badhead @ July 23 2010, 12:01 AM BST

I can't remember her name but I think the woman who played Nostramous in TMWRNJ is funny

Emma Kennedy!

She is the bestest!

Ooooh not sure I have heard of her. Is she the lady that takes the piss out of her audience?

Emma Kennedy?
She doesn't do stand up. She's more of an actor/writer.

What has she been in hon. I have a faint thought on her name but can not place her.

Erm. She was in Surburban Shootout. And was the miserable dowdy one in Smoking Room.

Yes I know her. She is a clever little thing.

I heart her.

Quote: robert aitken @ July 19 2010, 2:24 AM BST

Julia Davis is one of the best comedy writers and performers that the world has ever seen.

Eh? Really?

Quote: AngieBaby @ July 22 2010, 11:43 PM BST

Female humour is different, and the sooner people get over it the better.

In the same way vuvuzela music is diferent?

I kid there are some great female comics. Jo Brand, Lucille Ball, Victoria Wood (yeh hilarious with out needing to say f**k or bollocks) and Julia Davis.

Nighty Nighty Series 1 was excelent.

I think female humour is diferent. Smack The Pony was well funny but totally diferent to Mitchell and Webb.

Though I think there are some awful female comics (and male ones as well)

Sarah Silverman, where's the appeal? All this I'm sexy and cooky? Stop telling bad jokes, take your clothes off and fall over.

There are many good female comics out there. I'm not sure whether or not whether or not the performances I have seen are among my favourites, but maybe I simply haven't seen the right performances.

Amongst the female stand-ups I've seen live are Lucy Porter, Jo Caulfield and Sue Perkins. I'm planning to see Sarah Millican and Josie Long later in the year.

Quote: Lee Henman @ July 23 2010, 3:06 AM BST

Eh? Really?

I really liked the show she did with Rob Brydon; 'Human Remains'.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 23 2010, 9:13 AM BST

I really liked the show she did with Rob Brydon; 'Human Remains'.

Human Remains was a masterpiece. The rest of her career is pretty "meh", though.

Mae West not funny? Sir, have you thought this through?

Quote: chipolata @ July 23 2010, 9:35 AM BST

Human Remains was a masterpiece. The rest of her career is pretty "meh", though.

I liked 'Lizzie And Sarah' a lot. She's also put in great performances in shows like 'Jam' and 'Big Train'.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 23 2010, 9:55 AM BST

I liked 'Lizzie And Sarah' a lot. She's also put in great performances in shows like 'Jam' and 'Big Train'.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about those. She also put a good turn in on I'm Alan Partridge. Although we never did find out if she shaved her crackling or not.