The gambling thread Page 18

As in Jez ?

Wolves are only 19/2 to beat Old Red Nose's lot on Sunday.
Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

19/2?

Pathetic

Coral are offering 16/1 on Everton winning the Derby now that they're 1-0 down. Moyes left some of our best players on the bench in the first half, to keep them fresh for the FA Cup Quarter Final against Sunderland, but if he brings them on in the second half, things could well change.

One presumes that is now 32/1 ?

Were Everton 2-0 down before half-time? I lost track of the score and the time earlier on. I didn't bother putting that fiver on anyway.

Three dead horses at Cheltenham today.

Difficult to think of any legal sport with such a high fatality rate.

Quote: Jinky @ March 13 2012, 10:16 PM GMT

Three dead horses at Cheltenham today.

Difficult to think of any legal sport with such a high fatality rate.

F**king disgusting. An outrage. And the only people who really care are those who don't bet.

Quote: Chappers @ March 14 2012, 12:01 AM GMT

F**king disgusting. An outrage. And the only people who really care are those who don't bet.

"looks for applause smilie"

Tip of the week: Celtic to beat Kilmarnock by 2 goals or more in the Scottish League Cup Final, at 2/1, at Coral, I think. Here's why: Kilmarnock were recently beaten 4-0 by Dundee Utd, afterwhich Celtic beat Dundee Utd 4-0 (at Dundee Utd's ground).

By the way, I won that Barca, Utd, Real Handicap treble the other day.

Congrats on the treble obliging Catskillz.

I'm pretty sure 2/1 isn't available on Celtic winning by two or more goals though; I think you may have been looking at the -2 line, which means Celtic have to win by three or more goals.

Oh I dunno it'll make dog food slightly cheaper.

Horses are idiots with midgets on top.

DOH!!! Yeah, you're right. I made the same mistake the other day with my Handicap treble. They probably will win by 3 goals, but I wouldn't advise anyone to risk any serious money on that.

Has anyone ever met a gambler that hasn't said they were 'up overall'?

Gamblers love telling people their bad luck stories, but never seem tomention their good luck stories.

None that I've met. I have known a few who have told me (in a totally serious way) that they 'knew' how to win.
One bloke who was working in a job he hated, doing permanent night shifts - which he hated more and he 'knew' how to win money gambling. Seems odd to me.